Friday 27 July 2018

Scavenger Hunt 2nd link up

Joining in with Mary Lou for the next link up in Scavenger Hunt 2018!  Are you joining in?  It's not to late to pick up your camera/phone and get started!

I was so pleased to find quite a few more pictures to tick off my Scavenger Hunt list when we went to Lake Garda earlier this month.


 4 Wings
I took a few pictures at the airport of the wings of the plane we flew out on but I wasn't very happy with them and then when we arrived in Italy there was a market in the town and I noticed this stand with model aircraft and was much happier with that as my subject.


 5 Pedal Power
Seen outside a shop selling lavender


 6 Glorious Green
Limes growing around by the pool at our hotel.  The perfect accompaniment for a gin and tonic ;-)



7 An unexpected reflection
OK, you have to look hard for this one but if you look just to the right of the armchair beside the larger horse's head you will see me, reflected in a mirror on the wall taking a photo of the window of this art gallery


 9 Looks smaller than you
I'm not going to lie, I'm not happy with this one.  Do I look bigger than the castle in the background?  I may be revisiting this prompt!



11 Pretty in pink
I took this earlier in the month when our grass was still green (it's like brown straw nowadays since weeks of heatwave and no rain!) This little flower grew in my mum's garden and I brought some to my home when she died.  It's popping up all over the garden now, but is one of those flowers that only opens in the day time and then closes in the evening.


12 Bell
On the ferry that goes from Desenzano to Sirmione


 13 Equal portions
After being up since 5am and not really eating until 2pm this bruschetta was a sight for sore eyes, but I managed to restrain myself from eating any until I'd taken the photo.  The cafe provided no cutlery so it was very lucky that they had cut it nicely into squares for us to dive in and eat with our fingers!



14 A trilogy of three
Saw this water feature at the end of a shopping mall in the town and loved the glass circles behind the fountains

 15 Out of the blue
Back to Hertfordshire for this one!  These flowers also close at night and reopen in the daylight and are in a long swathe by the lake near to our house,  we thought they had died while we were away as we walked past on an evening dog walk, but the next day they were back.  A whole wall of blue, and completely humming with bees.



19 Picture postcard perfect
I can't think of one thing I'd change about this area of Desenzano, the architecture, the atmosphere, the boats, the flowers.  Fantastic!

7 comments:

Jane said...

some great finds, I'm hoping to get started soon.

Ruth said...

Wow, you've done brilliantly! There's so many here that I love! And yes to the unexpected reflection and looking taller than the castle!

Patio Postcards said...

Oh Deb you are a master at finding unique & fascinating things for the SPSH. Your picture postcard is truly postcard beautiful. So glad you are having fun with the search. I do like your smaller than you, almost perching a castle on your shoulder.

Cheri said...

gorgeous photos Deb - I love the lavender bike!

Leslie Clingan said...

Deb, you have become a wonderful photographer. Isn't it funny how you start seeing photo ops everywhere when you stop to look? I adore that lavender bicycle at the lavender shop!! Great photo.

And your postcard perfect photo is indeed that. I have made a list to carry with me of some of the scavenger hunt prompts. Will try to capture a few more this weekend, following your good lead.

Lady Ella said...

I really like your finds so far. The last one is indeed picture perfect!
Hope you got a little rain today. We finally had a few light showers and the promise of more tomorrow. Some places now suffering flooding. Such extremes everywhere and so sad.

Maggie said...

All your finds are great but I do like your lavender bike.