Thursday 21 March 2019

A little extra something

There's a rumour going around that it's the start of spring today.  The sun did actually shine for a while this morning, but I was indoors doing a Zumba class so I missed it.  Maybe it'll pop back again tomorrow ...

With spring in mind, and a trip to Portugal on the horizon, I went to Chelmsford yesterday - just felt like trying somewhere different for a change.  I'd heard that the new John Lewis lines were worth looking at and whilst their dresses and skirts were way too long for a little tiddler like me, the colours in their spring collection were so pretty.  So pretty, in fact, that I had to buy something - next thing you know I have a new t shirt.


The photo doesn't do it justice, the shades of pink are really pretty and yes that is Coco lying on the end of my bed, I swear that dog thinks this bedroom is hers.

While trying the t shirt on, I felt something scratch against my side, and could feel a plastic bag attached to the washing instruction label.  That's weird, there certainly aren't any buttons on the t-shirt so it can't be a spare set.  When I took the t shirt off, I saw this 


A small patch of spare fabric!

I have never come across spare fabric for emergency repairs before (except on my son's school uniform trousers many years ago, boy was that handy!) - have you come across this before on a t shirt?

3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Very pretty top - pink perfection at its finest. I think I once had a extra fabric sample on a dress, which was good so I could carry it around to find a matching jacket in the right shade. Thankfully, so far, I've not had to use for the dress itself. Happy Weekend.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hmm, that fabric might come in handy if you get those little holes in your tees like I do in mine, right at the waist line, maybe from wearing a seat belt or from rubbing against the top of my pants/belt. I am not a seamstress, however, so wouldn't do me any good if they gave me a whole bolt of extra cloth.

I have heard that stripes are very popular this spring. You look lovely in yours and are right on trend.

Ruth said...

That t-shirt looks lovely on you and here's hoping you don't need to use the spare piece of fabric!