Tuesday 5 March 2019

Sentence a Day - February

Now, February, you really were a mixed month.  You arrived in the middle of snow showers, and ended up with some of the warmest February days on record. I'm not complaining!

So let's get going on this month's Sentence a Day - a fun way to keep note of what happens during the month on a daily basis.  One day condensed into one sentence (sometimes with the help of a LOT of punctuation!)

Day 1 Went to the cinema at our local theatre to see The Favourite; it wasn't one of the best films I've ever seen but I am pleased we went to see it, Olivia Colman's performance is really good.

Day 2 Took part in a Quiz night which was organised to raise funds for a local scout group, how on earth did we get involved in that?  Our son stopped going to scouts about 18 years ago!

Day 3 A bit of a lazy Sunday, but isn't that what Sundays are all about?

Day 4 Met up with a friend - put the world to rights, caught up on all the family news, discussed her new book (she's an author!) and her recent 10 second appearance on the tv programme 'The Cruise'.

Day 5 Feeling disappointed with myself, I really don't have much to show for today except for having been to the Post Office and getting up to date with my ironing and housework, all things that needed to be done but hardly exciting.

Day 6 Why am I taking so long to make this quilt? Honestly, just because the sewing machine is not set up downstairs all the time is no excuse!



Day 7 Tested out my poorly hip (the one that I 'tweaked' at Barre fitness last week) at Zumba today, luckily all seems good!

Day 8 Son in law is away on a stag weekend so I am going to be sleeping at R's for the next couple of nights in case she needs help with the baby or Leo during the night - luckily she has a comfortable sofa.

Day 9 Dinner with another couple at our mutual friend's house; a late night followed by a sleep on R's sofa again.

Day 10 Feeling tired, last thing I feel like doing is cooking a full on Sunday lunch but it's Grandma's week to come here and she would be very disappointed with anything less than a 'proper' English roast 😴 

Day 11 A bit of a boring housework day, but it's nice when the house is looking clean and tidy again.

Day 12 Spent a lovely lazy afternoon hand sewing the binding on my quilt and watching the last couple of episodes of my Grey Anatomy season 14 dvd.

Day 13 I had contemplated not going back to Barre Fitness but then a friend asked me if she could come with me, how could I refuse?  My thighs will thank me when they are toned and slimmer!

Day 14 Valentine's Day - my husband knows the way to my heart, not with red roses but with this


Day 15 Went to a surprise 30th Anniversary party for our friends, their daughters organised for 20 of their friends to meet up at their favourite Indian restaurant, yes there were photo props and silly selfies

Day 16 Our son in law's birthday and our daughter took him for a birthday lunch at my favourite Thai restaurant while we babysat Leo.

Day 17 Invited to my cousin's for Sunday lunch, a perfect excuse for me to be very nosey and check out all the work they have done to their house (The only original bits left are the four external walls, they totally gutted it and rebuilt!)

Day 18 My daughter left home 6 years ago, and up until today there was still a chest of drawers in her bedroom here that was full of her clothes - today we went through those clothes that hadn't been worn for 6 years and do you know how many are not going for recycling?  3 bikinis.

Day 19 On a roll with going through the things R left behind, her bedside table had a drawer which was just full of old receipts - the shredder in our study has been seeing a lot of action today.

Day 20 Discussed my blood test results with the doctor; blood glucose very slightly above normal and cholesterol a little too high - went into the surgery feeling hunky dory, came out feeling ill.

Day 21 Zumba day followed by some extra exercise mowing the lawn in the beautiful sunshine.

Day 22 Met Ruth from thiswestlondonlife.com in Cambridge - it was fantastic to meet her in real life after following her blog for about 10 years.

Day 23 Went to the garage to choose my next car as my contract on my present one ends soon 


Day 24 How much longer can this glorious warm sunny weather last?  

Day 25 Popped over to wish my nephew a happy birthday, lovely to sit outside in the sunshine having a chat.

Day 26 Grooming day for Coco!


Day 27 Am finally able to share the brilliant news from our son and daughter in law that we have another grandchild arriving in July 😍 

Day 28 Went to the pub to meet up with the people I used to work with for a drink, tried (and failed) not to say how much I enjoyed being retired!

Inlinkz Link Party

12 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Congratulations on the expected 3rd Grandchild. A lovely recap of your February. I wonder if that wonderful V-day gift isn't what triggered your blood test! YOU MOWED THE LAWN IN FEBRUARY!!! - I'm sure it will be May before we see our lawn.

Natalie said...

Congrats, Deb, on the expected 3rd grandchild! Sounds like you had a social and fun February. Have a marvellous March!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

We both did pub quizzes a day apart! What's your Cambridge connection - is that where you live? I work there. I was intrigued also to see that you did the Shimelle Christmas scrapbooking course a few years ago. Me too! I was obsessed with crafting and had my own crafting blog. Had to give it up in favour of gardening (which I also love). Congrats on the baby news. Our first grandchild is expected this month!

Joanne said...

Congratulations!! How exciting to have a new addition to the family.

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

Yay for a new addition to the family! Congrats! So exciting. July can't get here soon enough, plus that's our vacation month, so bring on July!

Catherine said...

Quite a busy February for.you . Congratulations on the baby news too. I’m so glad your hip is better and you can continue to exercise but spend some time warming up for it. Wasn’t the sunny week glorious?

Barbara Eads said...

Congrats on the new upcoming arrival!! Also, that pink gin fudge sounds interesting! I'll for it when I'm there this summer!

alexa said...

A bit of a roller coaster month, in lots of ways? Many congratulations on the news about the baby ... We're expecting our third little grandchild in July too. And a very smart Coco, though she looks a little woebegone ...

Fairytales and Fitness said...

COCO is GORGEOUS! What kind of dog is he/she?
Our February started off warm, but then got worse! Spring can't come fast enough!

Ruth said...

Yay, there's a sentence all about me! Many, many congratulations of the news about the new grandchild - wonderful!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

My friend, how are you feeling? Will the doctor repeat your blood work to see if your numbers look better in a few months? I am glad they are just a little high.

Have you taken ownership of your new ride? What a lovely color. We will need a photo of you behind the wheel when you do pick it up.

Coco certainly cleans up well. What soft, fluffy fur. I miss having a dog but until life slows down a bit, our kitties are the perfect pets.

I know you are wonderful help to your daughter and son-in-law with the new babe. Lauren and Francisco are thinking of trying to move home. I would love to be able to just be a part of Lucia's everyday life. We could have mornings together or meet up for lunch or play dates in the park on a regular basis instead of trying to squeeze as much as possible into a 3 or 4 day visit.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

My friend, how are you feeling? Will the doctor repeat your blood work to see if your numbers look better in a few months? I am glad they are just a little high.

Have you taken ownership of your new ride? What a lovely color. We will need a photo of you behind the wheel when you do pick it up.

Coco certainly cleans up well. What soft, fluffy fur. I miss having a dog but until life slows down a bit, our kitties are the perfect pets.

I know you are wonderful help to your daughter and son-in-law with the new babe. Lauren and Francisco are thinking of trying to move home. I would love to be able to just be a part of Lucia's everyday life. We could have mornings together or meet up for lunch or play dates in the park on a regular basis instead of trying to squeeze as much as possible into a 3 or 4 day visit.