Monday 25 March 2019

Me on Monday

Where does this first Monday in Spring find me?  

Being a bit of a 'knit' ...



I really fancied doing some knitting and have the perfect excuse for getting the needles out - baby Rosie!  I know that hand knitted cardigans may not be the most trendy of clothes nowadays but I managed to convince Rachel that it may be useful to have one in the changing bag in case they are out without coats in the warmer months and it suddenly turned chilly! The best thing about knitting something for a 4 month old?  There are so few stitches to work on so it grows really quickly.  It's a really good way to relax.

I finished my jigsaw - 

I loved having it set out on the table so I could just add a piece here and there every time I walked past.  Who am I kidding?  One piece every now and then?  Half an hour at a time is more truthful.


Starting the week with a very clean and tidy house, one of the bonuses of having people over on a Saturday night is that I feel the need to thoroughly clean every room they may see  and then all the housework is over and done with for a while. 

Also, one of the things about dear Facebook doing those '6 years ago today ...' things at the start of each day is that I have noticed that in many of these 'old' photos I'm wearing clothes that I still wear today.  I have clearly had my money's worth out of some of my dresses!  A couple of weeks ago I went through my clothes and donated quite a bit in a couple of charity bags.  But we are off to Portugal in a few weeks time and I've now realised that my spring cleaning blitz has left quite a few gaps in my wardrobe once the weather gets nicer.  What a dilemma eh?  The perfect excuse for some retail therapy 😉



6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

WOW that looked like a very difficult jigsaw puzzle - I'm impressed that you finished so quickly. Very pretty delicate knit you are doing for Rosie. Have fun shopping for the trip & gaps in your wardrobe. I know I've never been fashionable, but I still have some skirts & dresses from my first years out of uni & into the workforce! Yes a little too snug now ... maybe I should do a Marie Kondo on them!! Happy week ahead.

Ruth said...

That's a great looking jigsaw!! Mine is still rolled away, thanks to Tilly, and I keep forgetting to unroll it and add a few more pieces!
That cardi is looking very sweet already.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Poor you to have to buy new clothes. Dad gum it. I feel for you, sweet friend. Maybe I need to get back in my closet and purge again? But this is not a good time for us to spend any extra money. Boo!

Love that you are making Rosie something special. Will look forward to seeing it completed and modeled on baby girl.

Bought a new 300 piece puzzle for a $1 at the Dollar Tree. Need to open 'er up today and get started. Come help me! Also have my mosaic set out on the dining table where the puzzle will be. Need to get at both.

Have a beautiful week. We are approaching 80* this week...so 26*C. Delightful. Going for a walk in a bit.

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

That knitted piece is adorable. I think anything hand done is extra special. Of course I'm biased since I knit too!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Cheri said...

I love the pattern on that little cardigan you are knitting!

alexa said...

What a delightful knitted pattern you have there ... If you don't mind sharing the info sometime I'd love to know as we have a new grandchild on the way and I ought to be getting out my needles ...