Monday 24 January 2011

Colours and textures

I have just finished another chapter in the Pass the Book book, and this one related to colours and textures in your life. So I thought I would look round the house to see how I could reflect these subjects in some photos. First of all I thought that I'm not a great 'texture' person. But then I looked around and realised that there is more texture in my home than the first glance would show. From the pin tucked ribbon edging on my duvet cover, to the mosaic of coloured glass around the mirror in the hallway.
You will notice that I also seem to be going through a 'duck egg blue' phase in my life. It's obviously time to mention redecorating to the husband to get some new colour schemes going on ;-)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the effect of collaging it all,Deb.

Scrappi Sandi said...

Lovely sneak peeks! I'm just into my duck-egg phase!! My bedroom is duck-egg & chocolate & I've only just finished decorating it!!...I always have been one for bringing up the rear where trends are concerned!!! Glad you're getting so much out of the book!! :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos Deb - I to am loving the duck egg blue.

Cheryl said...

what a great idea Deb x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Lovely little collection of some of the textures in your home, Deb. Good eye!

Debra Dotter Blakley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra Dotter Blakley said...

No need to hurry out of the duck-egg blue phase; that color is so calming and peaceful. If it is still feeding your soul, rest it that space for awhile. Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

humel said...

Superb collection of photos :-) I love how this book is inspiring you so much! I'm definitely looking out for this one when you pass it on xx