Sunday, 16 January 2011

Misunderstanding?

On a Monday evening I attend a Rosemary Conley Slimming Club.  I was never hugely overweight, but needed to lose about 10 lbs a couple of years ago and even though I soon hit my target weight I keep going to the classes to keep me on the straight and narrow.  Plus I enjoy the exercise class afterwards, dancing around to cheesy 70s disco music is right up my street!  We are sent a motivational email every month and when January's arrived, it finished with this cartoon
Now I don't know about you, but I read this as meaning that it is ok to eat donuts!  Somehow I don't think it's what she meant though.
Anyway, how is a girl to stay on the straight and narrow when Carrie and her mum Deb are posting recipes for the best chocolate cook cookie ever?  I mean, I see this as necessary market research - I really NEEDED to find out if their recipe is a good one.  It took a bit of research on the internet to find conversion charts of cups to grams and Farenheit to Celcius but I gave it a whirl and have to say that ...

They are exceptionally fine cookies!

8 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) See? We told you they are the best! Maybe now you'll believe everything we say. Oh the power this gives us...

I'm so glad you gave it a try. I love the comic you posted, and the photo of your lovely slender self eating a cookie. You are so cute! xo

Marti said...

I've eaten my share of donut holes in my life but I've yet to eat one of those cookies! Being the mother/grandmother of Deb and Carrie, you would think I'd have been the recipient of at least one!

Cute post and I totally agree with Deb regarding your "cute little slender self"!

Denise said...

Well,I think considering you have been poorly and not eating as much as normal then you deserve a cookie!Nice photo xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Recipes can be fattening, can't they! My blog friend Maria just posted a posole recipe that I'm dying to try.
Rinda

Sian said...

LOL!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Love it!! Non fattening centres?!! LOL!!

Carrie Rosalind said...

So glad to see that you tried the cookies - and even more happy to see that you liked them! :)

humel said...

Mmmmm! Doughnuts..... Cookies.......