Wednesday 12 January 2011

Waiting for inspiration

A friend of mine has recently become interested in scrapbooking and for Christmas I bought her a little mini-kit of Christmas embellishments so she could do some special Christmas pages.  When I got to the checkout page of the purchase, my index finger quivered over the 'quantity' box.  I knew that I wanted one for her but felt there may be a chance that I would want  need one too.  There were some very pretty things in there.  Some really special little bits and pieces that I would never find locally.  And then in my imagination I fast-forwarded to the future, popping round to her house for a coffee and her showing me the album she had made out of all the things.  Marvelling at the beauty of the pages and me wishing I had taken the chance to get a kit for myself too.  I don't know what happened after that, I must have been overtaken by a naughty fairy or something but next thing I knew I was on the payment page and I had 'accidently' {ahem} ordered two.  Let this be a warning to you, sometimes gremlins get in the machine and MAKE you order stuff you don't intend to ;-)
So today is my day off from work and I am planning to actually make something out of the stuff I inadvertantly ordered :

13 comments:

Denise said...

This sounds VERY familiar :-)

debs14 said...

What can I say Denise? You taught me all I know ;-)

Cheri said...

oooh! Have fun with your ill-gotten gains! ;)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Well, it's a lovely bunch of goodies - I can see why you were tempted.

Last week I bought a stuffed turtle toy to send to my niece for her birthday. It is SOOOO cute and I almost bought two but talked myself out of it. Now I'm back and forth on whether or not I want to send it to her or keep it for myself. I should have just bought two! :o)

Scrappi Sandi said...

He He He!! Those darn Gremlins! :)

Anonymous said...

Why do you keep sending those computer gremlins over to my place? My sensible head says no more but the part of me that likes pretties says 'Oh go on then, you deserve it!'

Lovely kit Deb.

humel said...

lol! I accidentally ordered something this week, despite deciding to save all my spare cash for the Tim Holtz workshop.... But hey, I can draw down March's spending, right?!

Is that the Dabble kit from Gotta Craft? It looks familiar - and most gorgeous! I was very tempted by that too, but my willpower was a bit stronger that day!! Can't wait to see what you make (and then I'll wish I'd ordered one too!)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm sure your friend will appreciate seeing what you do with it, too!
Rinda

Sian said...

It's so pretty..but a cautionary tale nonetheless lol

scrappyjacky said...

I have lost count of the number of times something has jumped into my basket.....without any help from me at all!!!
Hope you and your friend love it all.

alexa said...

That's raised a rueful smile over here!

Amy said...

I think you are talking with like minded people Deb :-)

Cate Brickell said...

my finger accidentally slipped recently and bought a pile of paper for Riley's first year album... I'm sure it will get used eventually!!