Friday 2 September 2011

LSED Day One

There's no going back now - I'm committed to 7x5 pages, but think I'm going to be happy with my choice.

My son flew out to New York yesterday, his girlfriend had booked the tickets for his 21st birthday present and they've been so excited about it {birthday in March, plenty of time to think about all they want to do and see} although the Hurricane Irene last weekend did make them wonder if their flights would be disrupted and they anxiously watched every news bulletin until the airports reopened on Tuesday!  It's his second trip to New York, having been there on a school trip when he was in the 6th form, but even though his girlfriend is half American, she's never visited any of the United States. 
I checked on the Heathrow website to see if they took off on time and 'casually' checked the JFK website when I knew they were due to land and so I knew the plane had got there safely, but I still didn't really relax until I received a text from him a little later.  My lesson learnt that day?  That I still worry about him far too much even though he is officially a grown up!

12 comments:

Alison said...

O I know that feeling Deb...I do exactly the same when Kirsty is travelling- I even watch the 'News ' to make sure there are no air accidents!
Alison xx

Sian said...

You're his Mum. You're going to worry. That's your job lol What a lovely birthday present that is!

scrappyjacky said...

I don't think parents ever stop worrying,Deb!

Cheri said...

what Jacky said!

Ruth said...

Fab birthday present, I love NYC! Seems no matter what age our children are ~ 4 & 21 ~ we still worry. I'd better get used to it! Really like how the page looks ~ 7x5 is ideal for LSNED, I think.

Anonymous said...

How can you not worry - he's your baby whatever age he claims to be!

Love how you have made your page xxx

Jo.C said...

Love how you have used the text - great page x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great lesson. I don't think we ever stop being parents!
Rinda

Jane said...

I'm just the same as well!

Amy said...

No, once you become a parent I don't think your mind ever turns off or ever stops thinking/predicting a particular outcome!

Cheryl said...

I think you are just doing what every mum does out of love. Great page love what you have done x

Cheryl said...

I think you are just doing what every mum does out of love. Great page love what you have done x