Tuesday 2 May 2023

Me on Tuesday

 The countdown to the Coronation is on - the shops in town have all upped their game and there is a sea of red, white and blue wherever you go at the moment


There's been a teachers strike today which has meant additional childcare duties here. L & R have just gone home and before I sit and relax with a cup of tea I thought I would quickly come on here and say hello.

There is a lot going on this weekend, lots of free events in and around the town park, street parties and gatherings.  We are going to a friend's house with another couple on Saturday afternoon, then we have all the family coming here on Sunday, then there is a street party around the corner from us on Monday.  Another Bank Holiday weekend! 

But before all that I do hope you will pop back on Friday for a chat over a cup of coffee.  Hopefully I will have replenished my energy by then!



5 comments:

Ruth said...

Here's to celebrating a moment in our collective history and to sharing that time with the people we care about - I'm looking forward to Coronation t-shirts, alcohol before lunch and having a bloody good time with those I love!

Patio Postcards said...

Coronation celebrations on this side of the pond are fewer but thankfully I'm part of one at the church as we are hosting a Coronation of King Charles III tea party. I cannot wait to get my red, white & blue bunting up. As Ruth says, a moment in history is about to happen & we can all be part of it!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

The coronation is the talk of the town. We are in red, white and blue at school tomorrow and the children are having a coronation picnic at lunchtime. I'm at the hairdressers on Saturday morning but hope to be home in time. It will be afternoon tea here, with family, which will be lovely. Enjoy the day.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I enjoyed reading Gail's coronation-themed post today. Will come back for yours tomorrow. She and her husband very splendidly dressed and sitting at a table in the garden set with the most charming place settings. I remember how much my mom loved all the pomp and circumstance around all things royal. She would set the alarm to get up and watch royal weddings on TV live rather than waiting for the 'replays.'

How difficult it must be for working moms and dads to have to figure out daycare for strike days. Do you guys have much warning? Brennyn and Mustafa would be in a real pickle if they had to quickly come up with a Plan B. I feel so badly that I can't help them.

Barbara Eads said...

I have been so excited for the Coronation!!