Thursday 25 May 2023

#WBOYC in May

 

Well, using my normal format of taking the initial letter from the spelling of the month means this could be a short post as we only have three letters!

M

Many a May Bank Holiday this year. We started the month with the normal May Day Bank Holiday, then just a few days later it was King Charles' Coronation

Medical appointments that ended up with hospital admissions and an operation.  Well, I didn't see that one coming - or did I?  I knew that the polyps in my nose were getting worse and I had hoped not to have to resort to surgery but ... I am going to be scheduling the posting of this in advance because on the day that it is supposed to go live is the day that my surgery is happening.

A

A weekend away - perfectly timed for keeping my mind occupied in the lead up to my op.  Southwold in Suffolk was our destination and a place that we love and know well.  Of course Coco came with us, every dog deserves a holiday too.



Y

Yummy! Some lovely dinners and lunches out this month. Even a simple Greek salad and glass of wine at a local deli was delicious. 


My friend and I could easily have met for coffee at home, but there is something very nice about going out and relaxing over food and drink that someone else has prepared.

We had some lovely meals while away in Southwold - even simple fish and chips taste so much better when you are by the seaside!  Full marks though to the sticky toffee pudding at The Anchor in Walberswick which was the perfect end to a lovely Sunday lunch.



Yearning for June to be here, hopefully with a fully working nose! 

And now time for my 1 Second Everyday video roundup of the month so far.



Normally I would now pack you on your way across the world to Australia to visit the other Deb's World, but you don't have so far to go this month - she's visiting family here in the UK!   


9 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Lots & lots of healing energy coming your way.

Looks like a fun get away. I agree some how meals you don't have to cook or clean up from always taste just a bit sweeter :)

Cathy said...

I’ll certainly agree with you over that certain feeling you get eating meals prepared by others - fish & chips (sit down or takeaway) certainly has a charm of its own.
Take care
Cathy #WBOYC

Deb's World said...

Yes I'm here on your side of the world this month Deb and having a great time. Hope your surgery goes well. Love that you stuck with MAY despite it being such a short word :)

Women Living Well After 50 said...

Hi Deb, thank you for sharing your May with us and hope you surgery goes well. Take care. xx

Debbish said...

I certainly prefer catching up with others out over a meal prepared by someone else than at home. Good luck with the surgery.

Denyse Whelan. said...

Sending good healing wishes to you. That's a bit of a messy and sore recovery ahead for you. Take care. Denyse #WBOYC

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Hope the surgery went well and the recovery is not too long and painful. Enjoyed your pics of Southwold- I must get there - and food!

Christie Hawkes said...

Good luck on your surgery, Deb. I'm glad you were able to have a little get-away first. Your dog is adorable. Here's to easy breathing in June!

Jo Tracey said...

Wishing you all the best for your surgery and quick healing afterward. Thanks for linking up.