Tuesday 9 May 2023

Me on Tuesday

 It was definitely a historic weekend here in the UK and I enjoyed seeing the historic occasion of a coronation.  Not to mention the comical antics of Prince Louis who always seems to steal the show in a balcony line up!

It feels as though it was a very busy long weekend (although every day is a weekend day when you are retired I suppose!) It started with a meal out with ex work friends on Friday, a garden party meal with friends on Saturday that was moved indoors when the clouds started to form, all the family here for lunch on Sunday and then a day of putting the house and garden back to normal yesterday.  It is lovely to see the grandchildren all playing together now they are that little bit older but it does mean that every toy we own seems to be brought out!

So yesterday felt like a good day to continue making a few more squares for my 'Tea with Granny' blanket.  I like that this is something that I can just pick up and put down, I'm half way through the squares now.  Why, oh why does Coco always assume that anything laid out on the floor is an invitation to lay down on it?


It's not long now until our weekend away in Southwold and so today we will be advance booking a couple of meals in dog friendly pubs.  As we've been there a few times before we have a few places in mind that we would like to go back to.  I've started looking at long range weather forecasts and it seems like we will be packing for all eventualities!

What does your week have in store?

6 comments:

Bindu said...

Lovely crochet squares there!

Ruth said...

The Coronation weekend was brilliant, if a little exhausting!

I love the colours in your Granny squares - funny how dogs think anything on the floor is automatically theirs!

Patio Postcards said...

I really like the beginnings of your Tea With Granny quilt - lovely colour choices. Cats are the same, even if not on the floor, anything & everything is theirs to lay on, when they want to. How fun to be planning for some away time & that Coco gets to go along with you.

I would like to have been with other like minded folks to enjoy the coronation.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Wow you did have a busy weekend. You'll be glad when your trip arrives and you can relax. Your granny squares look great. I can't remember the last time I crocheted. I just seem to be too tired after work and too busy at the weekend. Roll on the summer holidays.

Eads Barbara said...

I, too, loved the coronation! And my coronation tea. Now it’s on to other things. I love your crocheted squares—especially your colors. Can’t wait for the next update.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

You are off on holiday as I am reading this post. Looks like you are having a grand time. And Coco is the biggest duck in the puddle.

Your coronation weekend plans all sounded like great fun. Hope everything went off without a hitch. We celebrate Memorial Day with a 3-day weekend next week. Taking the girls to see the new "Little Mermaid" movie. Maybe going to a wine fest. Hopefully, we will enjoy just being home some.

Safe travels home again.
Oh, hey...I would like to learn to make a little table runner...crocheted. I know you taught yourself to crochet. And you have made such beautiful things. The colors you select are truly lovely combinations. Did you watch a video to learn? Or did someone show you? I wish you could give me a lesson or two!!