Tuesday 30 May 2023

Me on a Tuesday

 What a difference a week makes!  This time last week I was rested after a lovely long weekend away but very anxious about having to have surgery on Thursday.

So here we are, 5 days post surgery and resting and recuperating as the doctor ordered.  There has been much reading time and also lots of crocheting


I've also started watching Annika on BBC iPlayer and Maryland on ITVX.  Both are good post-lunch 'sit on the sofa for an hour' programmes.  I'm pretty much in isolation as I have to avoid germs, it's a bit like being in lockdown all over again!  Strangely enough my nose isn't too sore, but my throat is. Guess I had a tube or two inserted as I also have a bruised lip.  Fortunately the weather has been nice so I have been able to waft around in summer maxi dresses to hide the 'gorgeous' dark green surgical socks that I have to wear for a week! 

So what does this week hold?  Not very much except for the aforementioned watching, reading and crafting!  Of course on Thursday I shall be able to start looking for my Summer Photo Hunt finds - even if I am still confined to the garden for another week. 

Hopefully you will be able to pop back on Friday when we have our first Friday of the month get together.  I know you'll understand if we have to sit far apart, I'll still be under 'no close mixing' rules! 

 

7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I first read "no close mixing rule" as no nose mixing rule! (lol). Glad to read that you are well on the other side of surgery. Your upcoming week sounds perfect for recovery, reading, resting, crocheting, time in the garden. I'll see you Friday & don't worry I'll bring my mask just to help with the no close mixing & hopefully we can sit in the garden :)

Susanne said...

So good to hear that your surgery went well. Hopefully the after effects are short-lived. I'll be looking forward to chatting with you on Friday, from my spot so socially distanced that I am no threat to mix in unwanted germs. Do take care.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Glad the surgery went well and that you are taking it easy. Reading and crochet is the perfect way to recuperate.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Good to hear your surgery went well, carry on taking it easy. I enjoyed Maryland and we're watching Annika too. I'm expecting to see lots of finished crochet pieces!

Ruth said...

Good to hear that the surgery went well. Reading is a perfect solution to enforced R&R (crochet not so much for me!) and thank goodness the weather has been nice enough to get out into the garden. I haven't seen either of those TV programs (probably because I don't watch much TV).

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I am reading your posts in backwards order. Sounds about like me, huh? Glad to see you here and to know you have had little discomfort other than the pesky sore throat. You look marvelous. Would never know you've had surgery.

I imagine we will need to isolate for a bit after PC's surgery. He has given me a scare with the upper respiratory infection he developed last weekend. But with 6 prescriptions on board, he is feeling better.

The BBC programs always sound very interesting to me but I am unable to watch them. At least, I cannot watch them on the BBC. Now and then, I discover that one has come to some kind of live streaming service over here. We watched A Small Light on Disney Plus and it was excellent. The story of Miep Gies and the Frank family. It was very well done. Wish there were more shows like it on TV.

Barbara Eads said...

So nice to have you up and running again!