(that quote will be lost on anyone that didn't watch Bamber Gasgoine host University Challenge back in the day!)
Mel included me in her list of people that were asked a random set of questions and I've spent many a happy hour giving each my careful consideration. So to anyone that saw me apparently daydreaming while staring out the window at work yesterday - I wasn't daydreaming - I was thinking! ;-)
1. Where in the world did you spend your most memorable day ever, and what did you do?
Can I only have one? Because my wedding day was fabulous, but then I have the days my daughter and son were born and they were just amazing and so memorable. Oh, don't make me choose, that's so unfair!
2. What is your favourite time of year, and why?
Now you see, I'm torn. I love the summer - I love feeling warm and not having to take a cardigan or jacket out with me and I absolutely hate being cold. But I equally love the spring. It's a sign that good weather is hopefully round the corner and colour is appearing in the gardens and countryside. Hmm - OK, I'm going to go for round about now: May/June. Long days, balmy evenings and signs of nature's growth all around.
3. What is your favourite time of day, and why?
Mid morning on holiday, sun shining but not too hot. I'm warm, I'm comfortable on my sunlounger and all is well in the world.
4. What food would you find it very hard to do without?
Well, I probably use rice a lot when I'm cooking, either as a whole meal like risotto or jambalaya or as an accompaniment. But if we are talking sauces, it's sweet chilli dipping sauce.
5. What colour makes you feel happiest?
6. What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you? (Or the most recent nice thing?)
That I am a really good friend who they know they can rely on
7. What's the nicest thing you've ever said to anyone else? (Or the most recent nice thing?)
Telling them how important they are to me and how my life is better for having them in it.
8. Who would be guest of honour at your dream dinner party?
I think that Stephen Fry would be fascinating, he's such a knowledgable man and has a great sense of humour. But I also think my girl friends would be pretty impressed if they arrived and found George Clooney at the table.
9. What's your favourite bird?
Does a penguin count as a bird?
10. What word or phrase do you find yourself over-using?
My family frequently comment on my latest 'in' words. I even have numbers I over use. They seem to think I exaggerate and apparently I often use the number 27 "I must have asked you 27 times to do that" etc. Once I realise I am using a phrase it seems I can't help myself. At the moment, the word 'clearly' seems to be cropping up. And a little while ago the phrase was 'this is true' and 'actually' I must be so annoying to live with sometimes. Clearly I must.