Sunday 2 May 2010

House Party Blog Hop!

Oh my goodness, it's 6 o'clock in the morning, who could that be knocking at the door?
Well hello there! I'm guessing you've come to me from Mel's blog. That's quite a journey across the UK so come in and put your feet up. I've been to a crop that was hosted by Shimelle yesterday so I'll just pop in the kitchen to see if there are any cupcakes left while you have a little look at my house that I made from the papers and trimmings that Rinda sent me.


I received some lovely papers and the picture that I had made me think of the old dilapidated houses in Venice with little bridges linking one to another. The lady's face was on the back of a playing card and the number on the card was 7 which is kind of appropriate as that is the number of the house that I live at, so that had to go on too!
Well, I am sure you are anxious to get on your way, there's quite a few blogs to get through today so it's time to move onto my namesake - Deb - at http://paperturtle.blogspot.com/
But before you go, I hope you will join me in saying a big thank you to Rinda at http://gallorganico.blogspot.com/ who is the mastermind behind this blog hop. It was a great idea, and she put so much thought and effort into mailing all the ingredients for these little masterpieces around the world. I hope she likes what we have done with them!

24 comments:

Amy said...

I love what you have done Deb :-)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Deb,
This truly is a Venetian treasure! I love the way you used the image and the papers and the trims. . . well, just all of it!
Thanks for partying with me,
Rinda

Kirsti said...

Liing your wee hoosie...the image is fabulous and I too live at number 7....xox

Ruth said...

Love what you've done with our wee house.

Margi said...

Very, very kewl! I swear I want all these homes to be real. Think we could start a real "altered" house neighborhood! Wouldn't that be amazing.

Lulu said...

Beautiful and love the Venetian vibe!

Denise said...

Your house is so pretty and yes you guessed it, my **scheduled** post didn't post :-(((( - all ok now tho'-have a lovely party day xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the antique,distressed feel to your house,Deb....a definate Venice feel to it.

Julie Shoemaker said...

Really fun house...makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

How cool that the number of your house was in your package! I love all the little details you've included--just beautiful.

Sian said...

Deb, this is simply beautiful! Isn't this a wonderful party? (Loved your comment) Rinda has done an amazing job pulling it all together. Party on!

Ann said...

Verrrry interesting house. Love that it's crooked and old-looking. (I hope you don't get cold in the winter). Thanks for the cake. I'm off now to the next party.

Becky said...

Love what you have done with your house - they are all so different!

humel said...

Love it Deb! :-) I'm hoping to visit Venice later this year, I'll remember your house if and when I make the trip! xx

emhowl said...

So lovely, Deb.

Kimberlee said...

Love all of the little touches and the topsy-turvy feel. :D

luci said...

just passing through, love the venice house it is very nice! Nice to coma across another blogger from the UK too x

DaniH said...

Scraps of lace and tulle...absolutely beautiful!

Lizzie said...

It's a lovely little house, Deb. The Venician picture, layered with the pieces of playing card, music paper etc is very effective.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Deb ~ I LOVE your house! Very clever use of the #7 on it as well. I just love the vintage Venetian feel of this. So awesome! I'm exhausted...just back from a weekend trip with my hubby and getting to the house parties a bit late. Yours is my last stop, and what a pleasure. :o)

♥ Liz ♥ said...

This is brilliant. I'm new to altered art and I'm really enjoying looking at all the wonderful houses on display today.

nancy y said...

I love how this all flows together so wonderfully. The yellows and purples are such a great combination.

Cindy M-Team PIG said...

Love what you have done with the place. I was in the hop too but came late, like this post. cindy @ snoutkiss.com

Anonymous said...

Hallo in unseren Erotikchat.


Unser Erotikchat gibt ihnen eine Alternative ficken paare und vieles mehr,sicherlich auch sexuellen Vorlieben ausleben
Hier im Erotikchat erwarten dich ficken paare sexuellen Vorlieben
Suchst du sexuellen Vorlieben , mit Sicherheit bist du hier genau richtig.Also,auf was wartest du?
erotische Rollenspiele chat sites ,einfach anmelden .
Suchst du jemand in Zürich, vieleicht in Germany, in FrankfurtamMain , vieleicht aus Uzwil, oder in Lienz? Mit Sicherheit ist jemand dabei.!