Saturday 29 May 2010

I'm ready!

Well, my bag is packed, euros bought, all liquids packed safely in a plastic bag, taxi booked and for some strange reason I've felt the need to ensure that all ironing/washing/drying is up to date and the fridge completely cleaned out and restocked. I don't know why I am bothering to ensure the house is tip top before I go out the door as my son is home from uni for a week and my daughter will be back from her holidays tomorrow. This means that by Monday morning the washing basket will be overflowing, there'll be nothing but crumbs in the bread bin and they will have run out of milk.
I've set up a few scheduled posts so be sure to pop back now and again next week. I'd have loved to take you with me but this is the next best thing to let you see where I am and what I may be doing.
I just have one small dilemma - I seem to have bought 5 books in the last week and I need to decide which ones to take. I think I will only take two but I am one of those people who get on holiday and could easily read a book in a day or two! Now which ones should I choose? Or could I sneak a couple more into my husband's bag ....

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Sneak them in!!Holidays are the one time I read loads of books!!

Denise said...

Yep,sneak them in - beside the scrappy stuff- have a lovely time,relax and enjoy xxxx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Sneak one more in, but I'm sure they sell books in Portugal, too!
Have a great trip,
Rinda

Sian said...

Definitely take the books. And have a wonderful time; we'll see you when you get back

Scrappi Sandi said...

Have a wonderful trip...I'm off to Chicago with Karen & Hilary next Monday & like you, have felt the need to clear my ironing backlog & have the house spick & span!!! Must be a Mum thing!! As to the books...take them all...you can always leave them for the hotel library when you come home & you'll need something to do while you're soaking up the sun!! Can't wait to see your holiday snaps!!

Amy said...

Have a great time Deb - enjoy the sun and the sea and take the books!