Tuesday 17 August 2010

Another day, a tidier blog

In her blog post today, Amy spoke of tidying up her blog and this felt like fate trying to tell me that it was something I needed to do too. A few weeks ago, the site I had downloaded my blog template from moved and it took out part of my design then yesterday I had been blog hopping and found a link on Sian's to a site dedicated to improving your blog. I took this as a sign that 3 things were telling me to change so .......
I thought about the things that I like on other people's blogs and the things I don't and one of the things I don't like is when a blog takes a long time to load. Whoever wrote the poem
'Patience is a virtue, keep it if you can. Found seldom in a woman - and never in a man' would have found that I was one of the women found in the 'seldom' category. So I guess the more 'stuff' you have on a blog, the longer it takes to load so some 'stuff' has gone! I've also deleted some of the blogs I used to check, as some hadn't updated for absolutely ages and taken out some of the blinkies I showed. I've enjoyed all the classes I have done, but probably don't need to advertise the fact that I did Journal Your Christmas in 2008. So I've left the most current ones only.
If only I could be so tidy in the rest of my life ;o)

9 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow. Good for you. It looks great!
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

It looks great,Deb

Sian said...

It's a great new look Deb. Very fresh looking :)

Cheri said...

I like what you've done - and I agree about blogs that take too long to load!

Denise said...

Very nice - it looks fab :-) x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Nicely done, Deb. I need to sit down and spend some time tidying up too. I know that Blogger has a new design method and I've been thinking about toying with that but am a bit nervous to do anything drastic! :o)

Ruth said...

It is tricky, finding the right balance. Looks great now, though!

Amy said...

Deb I love the new look you have here - it is the same template that I use so I'm sure that I'm a little biased ;-)
I worry about how long my blog takes to load, for me it is quick but I am not sure what it is like for my readers - I try and keep things simple too but it is hard to tell if you don't get the feedback.
I love the header you have chosen for the new look!

humel said...

I kept meaning to comment on the new look, I love it :-) I worry about how long mine takes to load, too, especially as I include a lot of photos... My computer is pretty fast so I don't tend to have a problem with any blogs, but of course that means I have no idea how my own works for other people!