Wednesday 18 August 2010

Scenes of domesticity

Act 1 Scene 1
The sound of a car pulling up on driveway. Footsteps are heard walking towards front door. A key turns in the door. The door opens, a weary Building Surveyor walks in, closes the door, throws his keys into the dish on the hall table and puts his briefcase down with a sigh. Turns off his mobile phone and removes his shoes. He enters the kitchen - stage right:

Husband: So, what have you been doing with your day today?
Me: Well, nothing exciting, just sort of boring housework sort of stuff. Washing. Ironing. Cooking. Cleaning.
Whereas ... really I've spent the morning doing 2 more layouts from our holiday! Started on the first one this morning while having a cup of tea in bed watching breakfast TV

Then while tidying away the leftover bits back into the pizza box, I had an idea for another -

This is now the 5th page I've made out of the kit I got from Sarah's Cards and there is still plenty more papers and wotnots to make a few more. Value for money or what?!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb I am sitting here giggling over my cheese on toast - how could you tell such fibs to the Building Surveyor? I would never fool the mechanic in such a foul way ;) Am mightily impressed with the scrapping in bed and love those pages - I'm sorely tempted to sub to Sarah's cards kits until I see how much stash I have to use up first before even thinking seriously about it.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) Really great layouts, and your opening story reminded me of the bit posted by Mel last week:

Dangerous: What did you DO all day?
Safer: I hope you didn't over-do it today.
Safest: I've always loved you in that robe.
Ultra Safe: Here, have some wine.

:o)

Jennifer Grace said...

Okay, I laughed so hard at that post that hubby asked me what was so funny and I had to read it to him. He wasn't so amused, he's now very suspicious about what I get up to while he's at work!

Love the capri page, those kits are definitely value for money! x

Sian said...

Great writing! Sounds like a familiar scene - except I have the kids to keep an eye on me at the moment so they know what I've really been up to.

Scrappi Sandi said...

Oh how easily those little white lies trip off the tongue!! this scenarion is so reminiscent of many here!! Why is it that we feel guilty at taking time out to scrap? I bet the days when we are actually cooking/cleaning/ironing etc etc more than compensate for our creativity time & hey, you've got to go when the inspiration takes you after all!! Love the LO's BTW, especially the one of Capri...!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the Capri layout! Such gorgeous colors and sparkly rounds.
Rinda

Cheri said...

I live firmly by the credo that sometimes what DH doesn't know won't hurt him! Apparently I am not alone.

And how many of you still hide your scrapbooking purchases in the car and sneak them in the house when hubby is not around? Living with "the former accountant" that is much simpler than accounting for the necessity of every penny spent!

Denise said...

Now...aren't you glad I MADE you sign up ?? lol x

Amy said...

Housework is exactly the sort of thing that you can put down and leave at any time when there are important pages and memories to record ;-)

humel said...

Ah, more telling tales... As Sian says, though, it is harder to get away with these 'disguised truths' while the kids are off school! xx