Sunday 29 August 2010

New Image

On Friday I had a text message from my daughter asking 'Should I dye my hair dark again, or have it cut short?'. I diplomatically dodged the question and said that whilst having dark hair suited her, last time she did it she got bored with it quickly, whereas it had been a while she she had a major hair-cut. Later that afternoon, I logged onto Facebook and saw that her profile mentioned short hair. A cold rush of fear swept over me, as I tried to work out whether this could somehow be my fault if she didn't like it. Then logic resumed and I figured that if she was publicising it on Facebook, then she must be happy. And indeed she was.


It's so nice and it makes her look quite different. But of course she now needs a whole new wardrobe of clothes to go with the new image. Like mother, like daughter.

On the knitting front, I am pleased to announce that baby Sophie's cardigan is now finished, although this now means I have to start tackling that mountain of ironing that has built up over the week :-(

12 comments:

Sian said...

She looks gorgeous! And I do like a mum who is prepared to enjoy a bit of experimentation - my mum didn't believe in hair colouring or drastic cuts (or perms in the 80's) and it took years for me to build up the courage to try these things!

scrappyjacky said...

I agree with Sian...she definately looks gorgeous....must get it from you!

Liberty :) said...

very brave and really suits her!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - she looks more gorgeous than ever, stunning hair cut and I adore that little cardi - I am seriously thinking about getting my knitting needles out but feel that to fit that in with everything else I will definately have to give up work - now off to think of ways to convince the main man that this is an option we should consider!

humel said...

She looks amazing, so beautiful :-) So I reckon you should take the credit rather than worrying about the blame!

Sorry about the ironing xx

Jennifer Grace said...

She looks stunning, yay for her! I always have to get clothes to match my hair cuts too!

Very cute cardi, well done for getting it done! I have a mountain of housework to face because my sister stayed for the week so it's been building up. It's gonna be a fun bank holiday monday - not!

Scrappi Sandi said...

She looks absolutely stunning!!!

That little cardi is so sweet! I used to love knitting little sweaters for my boys when they were tiny!

Good luck on the ironing front, I'm right there with you, once I've cleaned the house from top to bottom!! he he he!!!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oooh - that's an adorable cut on her! And the cardigan is gorgeous, Deb!

Cheri said...

Your daughter is stunning! And I say, let the ironing wait... daughter needs a new wardrobe, so maybe Mom can knit her a spunky little shrug to go with that haircut!

Rachel Brett said...

She looks stunning Deb and your cardy is so cute!

Amy said...

I'm growing mine out so I can do something like hers to mine! I'm with Mel ... take the credit Mum!

Denise said...

She looks absolutely gorgeous,it's a lovrly cut,and I love the little cardi xx