Tuesday 8 February 2011

4x6 Photo Love

Is anybody else out there taking part in Shimelle's 4 x 6 Photo Love class?  It's FREE {happy dance} so I think you all ought to pop on over here and get scrapping!  The crop that I went to on Saturday has the format of 'doing your own thing' in the morning and doing a class in the afternoon, so I thought it was a great opportunity to do my first page.  The papers in the Sarah' Cards kit this month were such a beautiful colour (look in my wardrobe, you'll see how much I love these tones!)  and I kept thinking that the aqua colour reminded me of something I had seen recently...

When we went to Cologne we came across the original building where the 4711 Eau de Cologne was made and they have a picture of a bottle of it on the side of the building.  I decided that this would suit the papers and Shimelle sketch well and here is the page I ended up with.  It could have had more embellishments on it but I got a bit carried away chatting and eating cupcakes {you know how it is when you put a group of scrapbookers together in the same room!}

Just a final reminder to leave me a comment if you want to be included in the pass the book draw as tomorrow is the last day! 

4 comments:

Sian said...

Lovely! I NEED to check out this class - very nearly all my photos are 6x4.

Anonymous said...

Love that page Deb. I did it digi but have been naughty and not listened to teacher. My flowers flow in the opposite direction to how they are supposed to. How out of character I say!

Denise said...

Loving that page- the colours work really well together.It's a great class-lots of my photos are 6x4 too

Amy said...

Oh ... 4711 ... you know, it never occured to me that it came from or was based on an actual place - very cool Deb :-)