Wednesday 9 February 2011

And the winner is ....

I tried to think of an original way of drawing the name of the next person to get 'Pass the Book' but owing to the lack of family pets I had to resort to doing it myself.  Whilst making breakfast this morning, I noticed the colourful Nespresso coffee pods in the jar and thought 'Hey, no one else has drawn coffee pods yet!' so I stuck names on pods and put them in a bowl.  Then I thought 'Wouldn't it be good if I could get a local celebrity to do the draw?' but the only celebrities who live within a 10 mile radius of me are David Beckham and Posh Spice and I can't quite see them pitching up to do a home video this time of the morning.  So, you're stuck with me. 
Now, bear with me a while, as I wondered 'How will they know it isn't a fix?  I know, I'll use the video on my camera'  This was not such a good idea!  Not easy to do on your own so excuse the very poor quality of this clip and unfortunate close ups, facial expressions whilst trying not to laugh and oh yes, the sound quality isn't too good either ... but without further ado - drum roll please ....

Congratulations Cheri, email me with your address and I will get it sent over to you as soon as I can!  How exciting, the book is coming over the ocean!

8 comments:

Cheri said...

Deb - you were just too stinkin' cute in that video! Yay me!

But with a one in five shot and putting out to the Universe how badly I wanted a turn at this book... well... it was kinda "fixed" - not on your end, on mine - I mean with the Universe conspiring in my favor, you really didn't stand a chance!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o)!!! I watched the video three times just to hang out with you. I applaud you for being a brave girl and doing a video for your blog! I LOVE it, Debs!

Congratulations to Cheri!

Sian said...

I LOVE THIS! I'm going to watch it again too and give you a wave :)

I think Cheri will love this book too.

Anonymous said...

Love the video Deb, even though it wasn't me who won :o(

Congratulations Cheri xxx

Denise said...

Fame at last!not only did you have a starring role on my blog -now a moving speaking you ! Love it xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh my - you guys are really upping the ante on the whole pass-the-book selection game!
Rinda

alexa said...

Great little video, and lovely to see you in real life! I've watched you twice :)!

humel said...

Good for you! Much better than a friendly hamster (or an unfriendly one....) How lovely to see and hear you :-)