Sunday 20 February 2011

Cornbread and casserole

I blogged earlier this week about my surprise package from Deb and of course I am so impatient, I couldn't wait to try it out!
So yesterday, I made a batch of good old British casserole (flavoured with good old Irish Guinness)


and made up a batch of good old American cornbread

And the judges' verdict?
DELICIOUS!
Couldn't wait to try the cornbread once it was warm out of the oven.  Lovely.
Tried another square with a drizzle of honey over the top.  Lovely.
So having decided it was good as a sweet option, I was interested to see how it would go with a savoury dish.  Lovely!  What a versatile food.  I think I need to start a campaign to bring cornmeal over to the UK!
Big thanks and big hugs to Deb Turtle xxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - beef stew and cornbread. Looks delicious, even to a confirmed vegie like me.

Sian said...

You just can't beat an Irish Guinness stew - unless it's with some Guinness icecream, which is also delicious! This looks fab Deb.

Amy said...

That stew looks delish! But ... I am concerned at the thought of Guiness ice-cream ... yeurrrrk ... each to their own ;-)!

Maria Ontiveros said...

As an American, this post just makes me giggle!
Rinda

Beverly said...

Yay!! So glad you loved it :) Sian's Guinness Ice Cream comment has me a bit concerned though lol

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I'm arriving at the party late on this one, Deb. I'm SO glad you liked the cornbread. And your stew looks delicious! xo