Saturday 14 January 2012

365+1 Week 2

Week two of 365+1 had a couple of interesting challenges.
Cosy - My son's hat fitted the bill for this one
Water - Our 'grandpuppy' has her own water and food bowl which she leaves at our house.  She came to visit on Tuesday and gave me inspiration for this prompt
Metallic - what self respecting scrapper wouldn't have a silver dabber in her stash?
Clothing - went into town and found a lovely top in White Stuff knocked down from £39 to £12 - result!
Translucent - view from the window in the Exams office at work (similar to how I imagine prison to look!)  For security purposes we have to have obscured glass in the eye level window panes and security blinds which lock when the office is empty.  No chance of the integrity of exams papers being compromised on our watch!
What's in your fridge - we had friends over for drinks in the evening so wine and beer chilling and a camembert ready for baking in my new cheese baker.
Guilty pleasure - come on, admit it.  I bet I'm not the only one who enjoys licking the left over mixture off the whisk when the cake is ready for the oven.

I love the way Picasa makes it so easy to make collages out of a selection of pictures, one click and it's done.  Perfect for keeping these pictures together at the end of the project.

12 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

You most certainly aren't the only one!!!!

Jo.C said...

I'll have to have a go on Picasa with that. See what you mean about the window. Great round up.

Rhona said...

I'll join you on the guilty pleasure but only when there aren't children around - then I have no chance ;o)
Love the photo collage.
xx

Alison said...

That's the best part of the clearing up...and who knew there was such a thing as a 'cheese baker'!
Alison xx

Alison said...

That's the best part of the clearing up...and who knew there was such a thing as a 'cheese baker'!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Nice "White Stuff" bargain! That's a great looking collage - I had good fun seeing how you interpreted each day

Beverly said...

Love the format you are using, the translucent picture is pretty and I too am curious about the cheese baker! I always call someone in to "clean" the whisks, if no one is home I :::gasp::: wash them!

Lou said...

i've seen lots of posts on this photo challenge and love your take on each day.

Sandie said...

That's a great way to show your photos, Debs. Keep up the great work!

alexa said...

These look great all showcased together - great bargain and yes to the cake mix! Not heard of a cheese-baker, though ...

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I'm another fan of the collages you are posting, Debs. And of course, I love your description of each of the photos. :o)

I remember as a kid when my mom would bake a cake there were four of us fighting over licking the beaters clean. Mom would give two of us the beaters, one could lick the bowl, and one got the spoon. Of course, there were always arguments over whose piece had the most cake batter to lick.

Scrappi Sandi said...

Cake mix leftovers?...I don't get a look-in with two boys in the house!! I love your Grand-puppy's food & water station....very posh!! Great collage!!