Friday 20 January 2012

Just one sketch #2

The 2nd prompt suggested that we turn our sketch round and use the same idea but sideways or upside down. Mine ended up like this
I think I prefer this one to the first one.  What a simple idea but how useful to know!
I had a bit of an 'incident' at work this morning and am nursing a badly bruised and grazed foot.  Our exams office is tiny.  Small enough for one person.  Cramped with two people.  And overcrowded with three.  I work in exams 6 hours a week so it's not normally an issue but when the exams are actually taking place, another member of 'Team Exams' comes in to help out and an extra temporary desk and plastic chair has to be drafted in.  So things are a bit tight to say the least.  It's Year 11 mocks and Year 12 and 13 Public Exams January modules at the moment so three of us in there.  Today while I was standing by the printer,  my colleague pulled out her chair (not a normal office chair, but the temporary one that is typical of those found in schools with thin metal legs) and sat down.  Not realising that when she pulled out the chair, one of the legs went on the top of my foot, and before either of us realised - she sat down ... and she's not a small lady by any means.  Ouch!  It hurt so much but she was so devastated by what had happened I didn't have the heart to tell her how bad it was.  I was wearing opaque tights so we couldn't see the damage but I just got home and looked.  It's not a pretty sight I can tell you!

16 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Eeeek....that sounds really painful,Deb.....but the LO is lovely.

Sian said...

Ooh, that is so sore - someone once stepped back onto my foot in a bus queue and I couldn't believe how painful it was!

Modules? Tell me about them :( It's History here..

Your layout is so lovely and fresh looking

Gem's Crafts said...

Your LO is so pretty :)

And ouch for the foot, I hope it gets better quickly

Jane said...

your layout is beautiful. Your poor foot, ouch!

Sandie said...

Ouch!! Good excuse to put your feet up this weekend.
I've not done any of the layouts but enjoy looking at what you have done. It's a great idea to turn the page - simple but effective.

Alison said...

Love the LO...but OUCH! for the foot!! Hope it's feeling less painfull!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

I love this layout Deb and do so hope you foot is better soon.

Amy said...

Ouchy, ouchy ... I hope you have iced that foot!?

Denise said...

I love this layout,and I really hope your sore foot is feeling much better soon x

Beverly said...

Oh, Deb, I am so sorry about your foot. I had mine resting agt a folding auditorium seat infront of me (my bad) at my neice's dance recital many years ago and didn't see that someone was sitting down in time to move it. I actually screamed and had to leave for a bit it was so painful. I hope icing it and giving it a rest this weekend has it feeling much better before Monday. I am just now turning my attention to JOS this weekend, as usual I'm behind!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Ow!
But I love the colors in this layout - so fresh.
Rinda

Scrappi Sandi said...

Ooooouch!! i do hope your foot feels better soon...get some Arnica gel on it to bring out the bruising. I love this LO...what a great tip for getting more mileage out of a good sketch!

alexa said...

Sorry to hear this - and hope the pain and bruising is less now? Your page works really well this way round - I like the way the three sections of colour pull the eye around the page.

Laurie said...

Loving the layouts, I'm a bit behind now ! Just off to do the 2nd one .

Ifa said...

ouch, that sounds very painful.You definitely need more space for H&S. Over here, I am glad our two weeks of Mocks is over. Love your layout.

Michelle S said...

Gr8 LO! Ouch! I totally sypathise, one of the boys from my class did similar the other day, it was right on the end of my big toe, its still sore to touch now! Catch up soon :)