Wednesday 8 August 2012

A close shave

Oh dear.  Poor Coco.  She did have a lovely time with the Mucky Pups lady but she certainly came out a very different dog to how she went in.  She is an absolute terror when it comes to being brushed at home, and no matter how much we try, she will not let us groom her properly.  When you consider how fluffy a dog she was is, there is was a lot of hair to brush.  Her back legs had become pretty matted and there was no way the groomer could untangle them so they had to be shaved.  And you can't have long fur on your back and shaved legs without becoming the laughing stock of the puppy neighbourhood so she has had a 'short back and sides'.  The only things that stayed the same were her head and tail.  She looks so different but we know it will grown back and from now on there WILL be daily brushing, we've had lessons from the Mucky Pups lady on how to deal with her.  I suspect that many gravy bone biscuits will be consumed in the form of bribery!  
I've printed off some photos from J's travels in Africa to put into another sketch and hope to do that today.  I have also registered for the Big Idea Festival over at Big Picture Classes.  Has anyone else registered for it? it's free so I figured I had nothing to lose but plenty to gain for signing up!  I've also started sticking my Scavenger Hunt photos in their mini album with a noticeable gap where I am waiting for my friend's daughter to get married later this month.  I think it's fair to say that I am using my 6 week summer holiday productively so far ;-)


9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you're being very productive,Deb....good luck with the dog grooming!
I've signed up for the free class as well.

Amy said...

I haven't signed up for this class, actually, I know nothing about it - it sounds like I should!

Poor Coco, she is in for a shock later in the week isn't she?

Deb, thank you for your beautiful comment over at my place today - I am quite overwhelmed with how kind my lovely blog friends are, you have made my day!

Denise said...

I can feel a few gravy bone biscuits coming on! Archie is a nightmare to brush too - he's like an eel.I've done the Big Picture festival for the last two years and it's fab :-) x

Beverly said...

Ah, I see you abided by the "no pictures" request! I am sure Coco looks shockingly...cute :) You are being extremely productive, me not so much so or more it comes in spurts.

Elizabeth said...

I was looking forward to see a photo of the shaved Coco!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm with Bev. I want to see a picture of the shaved Coco! LOL!
rinda

Becca said...

Thanks for mentioning the class, will be having a look. Hope the pooch does not feel too sorry for herself. Will there be a before & after layout? X

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I know what you mean about difficulty grooming a pet! Our cat {Fancy Jane} is really fussy about that. She'll let me brush her neck but NO WAY on her underside and the result is that she gets very matted. Carrie is the only one who can manage her for clipping her nails. I'll be interested to see if your groomers tips make a difference for Coco and those daily brushings. :o)

Melissa said...

I'm all signed up for the Big Idea Festival - when I met Stacy several weeks ago, she mentioned they had finalized lots of the plans right before & that it going to be fabulous, with lots of announcements, etc. I'll be on a scrapbooking retreat with 9 BPC friends during the BIF, so that will be fun, too.