Friday 17 August 2012

Height of Summer

Despite the fact that it seems I am probably the smallest blogger in the world, I am joining in with Julie's Height of Summer project.  You can find out about it here
I could just say that I am 'shoulder height' as that's where I seem to come to when standing next to normal sized people


Shortest person on the God-parent list (well apart from Baby Sophie of course)

Shorter than my baby boy
Just the right height to rest my head on Tom Selleck's shoulder {sigh}
(There are some benefits then!)
I was the shortest girl in the class at school, even sitting down I’m still only shoulder height
height 4
Even when wearing heels, still shoulder height
height3

Only way I can be the same height as everyone else is to stand on a step.

So come on then, at 5’1” – am I really the shortest one in the group?

12 comments:

Cheri said...

I'll be checking back later to see if anyone admits to being shorter than you. I'm 5'4".

Denise said...

All good things come in little packages - I think I am a tad taller but not much - about 5'3" x

Maria Ontiveros said...

This series is starting to make me feel tall, at 5'5" (although Amy from Australia is actually tall, I think).
Working on a post to do before the end of the month!
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

I'm taller than you....but not by much!

Elizabeth said...

No, I am only 5 feet tall. As you know, being short can be such a trial. Just this morning, I was at the supermarket reaching for a jar of pickled beets. Of course, they were on the top shelf. Usually, I ask a taller man to reach them for me but no one was around. I almost was able to wrap my hand around it but then it slipped and fell to the ground. Cleanup in aisle 5 resulted.

Beverly said...

great post and ummmm yes, you are quite a bit shorter than me! I'm the person that gets things off the top shelf for people like you and Elizabeth :)

Alison said...

5'3" here Deb!
Alison xx

Amy said...

I'm 5'10", but the shortest in my family so, for some people I am tall and for others I am at their shoulders ... yes, a lot of my cousins are THAT tall!

Sian said...

Not if I can persuade my sister to start cutting and sticking. She never made 5'. But apart from that, um...

Julie Kirk said...

Well, I'm an inch and a bit taller than you [it's not exactly a boast ... but it rarely happens that I get to say it! Forgive me!] but, have no fear ... there is someone smaller than you in my overall list - which I'll share at the end of the series!

Great set of photos and a lovely post - thanks so much for your contribution.

You're on the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/the-height-of-summer-2012/

Julie :-)

Amanda said...

I'll put your mind at rest as I come in at 5ft. I've still got to blog me in all of my shortness - but soon :)

Jimjams said...

Well it seems you're not the shortest, but I'd say you are certainly down there. Lovely comparison photos too - a *sigh* to Tom Sellick here too :D