Tuesday 7 August 2012

On a roll

Yesterday I started working on sketch 18 from the Big Picture Classes prompt.  It appealed to me because it's a bit different.  I'm quite liking working with more than one photo, but with the photos in smaller sizes.  It would appear that I am also in a bit of a red phase which is a bit weird as it's not my favourite colour!  

It's going to be a funny old week for the canine member of the family.  There's good news - the dog groomer is coming today.  She absolutely loves the 'Mucky Pups' lady.  It's a mobile grooming salon and this scruffy little dog who squirms and whinges and refuses to let us anywhere near her with a comb or brush, becomes a calm, brush happy puppy who just stands on the table without a murmer and doesn't even need to have a lead on to keep her up there. She emerges two hours later as a sweet smelling, soft ball of fluff that wouldn't look out of place in a Crufts line up.  But then there is bad news - on Friday she is going to the vets to have 'the operation'.  Every time we look at her we think 'if only you knew ...' and I suspect that having a plastic cone around her head is not going to go down very well.  However, the photo opportunities will be too much to resist ...

10 comments:

Amy said...

The layout has come together well Deb, good luck to the pooch!

Sian said...

Poor thing!

I'm really liking the splash of red. Very "on trend" at the moment

scrappyjacky said...

Yep...the red really makes it zing.
Good luck with the collar...Stella went totally berserk when she had hers on!!!!

humel said...

Love that you're already planning to layout about the collar... Hope Friday goes well! xx

humel said...

Yep, that really was me... ;) *waves hello!*

Sandie said...

It's good to try something new, it looks good. Good luck with the dog collar :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

My dog Gypsy loves being brushed, but the shine and smooth look only lasts for a few hours when she's as scruffy as she is now. I need to get her to the groomers soon.
Rinda

Cheri said...

poor puppy! hopefully she'll take it gracefully...

Anonymous said...

All I can say is watch the back of your legs when Coco has her lampshade on!

Alison said...

Great LO Deb...I like the photographs on the diagonal. Boo wasn't too happy with the lampshade after 'the' op..hope she gets on OK
Alison xx