Monday 20 August 2012

Hello Monday

Hello Monday - At 2pm this afternoon, we have a trip to the vets for (hopefully) stitch removal and saying goodbye to the Coco Cone

Hello Monday - This week I really ought to get back to a healthy eating regime.  I realised that I have strayed completely from the straight and narrow as I tucked into this when we went to friends for dinner Saturday night
Chocolate chip and salted caramel pavlova with whipped cream and a salted caramel sauce.  Delicious but very naughty!

Hello Monday - I have a rare shopping trip to Cambridge in the diary this week with my boy.  Looking for an interview suit (in anticipation of finishing his masters!) as he has lived the last four years in uni clothes which will not impress any prospective employers.

Hello Monday - Temperatures are predicted to be cooler this week.  Us Brits spend our lives moaning about the cold weather and then the minute we have a heat wave, we moan about that too!  

Hello Monday - The end of this week sees my daughter's 26th birthday.  Not sure if the requested chocolate birthday cake fits in with the healthy eating intention of earlier, but then again, I had heard that there are no calories in birthday cake.  That's true - right?



13 comments:

Jo.C said...

Have a great week. I hope that is true about birthday cake as it's mine this week and D has started a baking mountain where I am banned from the kitchen :0)

Amy said...

You have some lovely things to look forward to this week Deb - I love the sound of the cake/pav you had on the weekend though ... any chance of a recipe?

scrappyjacky said...

If birthday cakes have no calories.....birthdays should be far more frequent!!

Sian said...

All birthday related foods are calorie free. I'm sure of it

Elizabeth said...

Birthday cakes have no calories and neither do broken cookies (biscuits?)

Beverly said...

Chocolate chip and salted caramel..no way I would have passed that up. Absolutely no calories in birthday goodies of any kind! I, too have strayed and am having to super focus this week on getting back on the healthy eating/exercise path.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the term "Coco cone"!
I need to get back to working out but am having trouble finding the motivation.
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

So glad to hear your pup is on the mend! Love your theory on birthday cake - we'll just go with that!

Happy birthday to your girl!!!

Alison said...

Hope Coco is now cone-free...and I am really trying hard to get back on the straight-and-narrow...I haven't bought ANY ice cream this week!
Alison xx

Scrappi Sandi said...

That Pavlova sounds amazing!! As for calorie free birthday cake, I heard that it's to do with the candles...the more you light on the cake, the quicker the calories burn off! Mine last week must have been totally calorie free by the time we cut it!! ;D

Anonymous said...

To negate the calories in chocolate cake you have to eat two slices as quickly as you can!

alexa said...

I've never heard that about birthday cake but i like your thinking! Good luck suit hunting - you'll need cake to see you through!

Melissa said...

I'm saying Hello to getting back on track with my exercise - oh yeah, and healthy eating! Of course, I had to make cupcakes for the two meetings I'm hosting here tomorrow, but that doesn't mean I have to eat them, right?