Friday 2 April 2010

Buttons


By the time I started scrapbooking, I think buttons had reached their height of fashion and other things had taken their place in the embellishment world. I can think of no other reason why I do not have the dozens of buttons that other people have! In fact, in making this layout I have halved my supply of buttons.
These photos were taken in Menorca in 1995, kids aged 8 and 5. Sitting in a beach bar overlooking Cala Galdana beach. I can still remember that day so clearly. One of those lovely days where the sun is shining, everyone is happy and enjoying being together. Definitely one for the 'Celebrate Life' album!

7 comments:

Sian said...

That's a beautiful page for a celebrate life album. Great beach..we spent a day there once and I've always remembered it too.

scrappyjacky said...

They just look so happy!!
I don't have many buttons either.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Great layout, Deb! I could certainly share some of my buttons with you and still have plenty. I'm not sure how I ended up with so many! Well...yes...I do know...estate sales, and friends of mine giving me jars because they know I love buttons. I need to find a project that will bust through a BUNCH of them!

Have a great weekend. xo

Scrappi Sandi said...

Another LO that jumped out at me from the forum! Gorgeous photo's & I love how you've incorporated ric-rac, ribbon, flowers & buttons...just perfect!!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Me again too!! I go to Tempsford...with my good friend Karen (Buzz in the forum) who does attend the workshops in WGC, but I work on Sundays, so I never get to play at those!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the pictures and the layout! I have a couple of tins worth of buttons that I found in my mom's house and my aunt's house when doing clean outs and processing their estates. I bought a few at the LSS, but most are just the antique ones. Don't use them too much but since there's not too many, they don't bother me much.
Rinda

Rachel Brett said...

Great page Deb, I love how colourful it is.