Sunday 4 April 2010

Easter Weekend

Firstly, Happy Easter! Isn't it lovely to have a long Bank Holiday weekend? Time to relax and spend time with the family and remember that it's not just about chocolate!
The weekend here got off to a good start, I went to a crop run by Eclectic Keepsakes and they had a guest designer there , SJ Dowsett, who had designed some adorable cards for us to make. They were fun to do and you've just got to admire the talent that S J has. I have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler, so no way could I design little characters like these:


The first half of the day is allocated to doing your own projects and we were also given a sketch challenge to do. I've forgotten to photograph the design I came up with for that at the moment, but I also used the time to do the 'chipboard' prompt from the Shimelle class. I have so little chipboard that this was a tough one for me, but I sneaked a few bits onto this page and hope it qualifies for the 'chipboard' category. Speaking of Shimelle ... guess who is the guest designer appearing IN PERSON at the next crop .....

5 comments:

Denise said...

Fab day wasn't it? Hope to hear all about your lovely meal later and see that brilliant layout you did for the challenge xx

Rachel Brett said...

Those cards are soo cute! Happy Easter Deb x

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a fabby day.Happy Easter to you.

Sian said...

Sounds like a really enjoyable day out. Hope Easter Sunday was a nice one too and yes Horsey always gets an egg (or two)

humel said...

Hope you had a great Easter - love the layout and cards :-)