Thursday 8 April 2010

Easily distracted by pretty things

So I'm in Tesco at the pharmacy, dropping off a repeat prescription in for my daughter. "There's about a 10 minute wait, do you have any other shopping to do?" "Yes, that's fine, I have a couple of bits to buy, I'll come back in 10 minutes" I then go in search of the chicken breasts and stir fry vegetables and Hoi Sin Sauce. On my way round I find myself in the wine aisle. And at the end of the aisle, round with the flavoured liqueurs, I saw a box that had the prettiest bottle inside it. Only £6. 'New In' - the sign declared. 'Take a tall glass, fill with ice and pour a measure of this over. Add 10 ml gin and top up with lemonade' Raspberry Liqueur - mmm I'm sure I could make use of that in summer desserts. And look how pretty that bottle is. How have I lived without this? I came home and showed my daughter the beautiful bottle and we both agreed it reminded us of the Vivienne Westwood jewellery collection with the jewel encrusted orb. We mixed the drink and both agreed that it really was delicious. Then she asked the crucial question: 'Did you pick up my prescription?' .....
I knew there was something else I was supposed to be going back for ;-)

7 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

Oooh that's so pretty and sounds so scrummy, I want it, I want it!

humel said...

rofl!! I'd have bought it too - and quite likely have forgotten the prescription ;-)

And me? I'm easily distracted by interesting and funny blog posts x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOL. Classic! And I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been enticed by a pretty bottle. I have been known to purchase wine because I like the design of the label...Hubby doesn't quite understand. ;o)

Sian said...

Haha! That's a good one :) It is a very cool bottle and it sounds like a delicious drink I may just have to track down..

Denise said...

I thought it was only me who did things like that! Sounds yummy,and love the bottle x

Maria Ontiveros said...

LOL! Definitely been there, done that.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Yep...been there...done that...but looks and sounds delicious.