Sunday 18 April 2010

Hazardous Pursuits

Equipment needed to be put in tote for next crop day:

Glues, scissors, cutters, cutting boards, pens, glitter

Plasters, antiseptic wipes, sutures, bandages and sling

(Well, maybe not all of the above) I left the Crafty Stash crop a little early today following an incident involving a filigree button that need to have the shank removed, a pair of sharp titanium scissors and the fleshy part of the thumb part of the palm of my hand. Cue blood, a general feeling of nausea and a hunt for a first aid kit in the village hall which was eventually found to contain 3 sticking plasters, a crepe bandage, and some round nosed scissors. Maybe I've been watching too much Grey's Anatomy but after I'd been patched up I wondered if I needed to get Dr Shepherd in for some neurosurgery and Dr Sloan for a bit of plastic surgery. So anyway, my advice to all you scrappers out there - be careful, craft equipment and human flesh can be a lethal combination. So tell me, what's the worst crafting injury you have had?

But anyway, here's the two pages I did manage to do - a little extra bits and bobs will be added very soon to finish them off. But I feel the need to rest and lay down and be fed peeled grapes ...


7 comments:

Sian said...

You really do know how to make me laugh! Not that I think a scrapping-related injury is funny because it actually sounds quite painful; but you know what I mean. I hope. Here, have a lucozade..

scrappyjacky said...

I've plenty of Ibuprofen around at the moment....could send some over.
The LOs look great though...and not a drop of blood in sight.

Denise said...

I think you were very brave and still managed to finish two layouts. Hope the injured part is not so sore now and that they have pampered you and made dinner and definitely NO washing up !!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Oooh OUCH!! Poor old you...I haven't actually sustained a 'scrapping injury' to date...& hope I don't! But well done for keeping your LO's blood free!..just a shame you had to leave the crop early...Did you see that I posted the LO's for you last night? Much later than intended but did it anyway!! Make the most of milking the sympathy for all it's worth...I think I heard somewhere that chocolate helps heal a wound!!!!! LOL!!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oooh. I'd gladly suffer a scrapbook injury to be tended by Dr. McDreamy!
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yikes! Sorry for your boo-boo! About a year ago I reached into a drawer and sliced my finger open on a rotary razor blade - the cover was closed but because it was a scalloped edge it still stuck up dangerously. Not fun - and I'm much more cautios whenever I reach into that drawer now!

humel said...

Ouch! Poor you xx