Sunday 25 April 2010

Eighteen down and five to go

I have spent more time than I care to admit to today, trying to find some semblance of order to my photos to take to the crop next week. The bad news is I had miscounted the amount needed and it's worse than I thought, 23 or 24 - not 22. The good news is that I have printed enough photos for 3 of the 9 pages and have now compiled the next batch ready to go for another 2 pages. But, wouldn't you know it, the printer has now run out of yellow ink ... I do feel that I know where I am going with this now and just need a little bit of inspiration for the last couple. Hopefully I will have a 'eureka' moment and suddenly realise what I can use!
It's been an odd time since I last blogged, my 86 year old father in law has collapsed and been taken into hospital twice, now safely home, only to have mother in law feeling poorly too. Then on Friday I had to go the the funeral of a guy I was at school with. It really isn't right to be going to funerals of people my own age and it was a very emotional day for those ex-classmates that were able to attend. So many happy, silly school days memories. I can honestly say that I loved my school days, my classmates were such a good crowd and many of us have kept in touch over the last 34 years since we left. Put us in a room together and we all immediately slip back into an easy friendship.
Eureka! I'm going to go through the old school photos, plenty of scrapping opportunities there ...

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

How great that you're still in touch with so many school friends....definately a mini album opportunity.

Rachel Brett said...

That's lovely that you still keep in touch with your school friends, good luck with finding your last piccys.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm sorry about your loss Deb. It's hard to see someone pass that's our own age, but I'm glad you'll be scrapping your school days.
Rinda

Sian said...

I'm sorry to hear your news today. I loved school too and I'm sure that funeral brought a whole mix of emotions. Now I'm looking forward to some school pages from you, though.

Denise said...

Sorry to hear your sad news,and know what you mean about falling back into the swing with old schoolfriends,we just went to one last weekend and like you say once you get together it's like no time has passed at allxx

humel said...

So sorry to hear of your loss; I'm glad you were able to get together with other classmates and support each other and remember good times - how lovely that you're still in touch with so many of them :-)