Monday 16 April 2012

365+1 Week 15

After a busy weekend doing Shimelle's online crop, I'm a little late posting my week at 365+1
but I am still keeping up:
Petals - One of my favourite plants in the garden this time of year is the hellebore, and we have several of these dotted around the garden, some with green petals and some with this lovely dusky pink.  They last for ages too, if you see some in the garden centre, buy one - you won't be disappointed!
Clutter - I've sized this one small as possible so you cannot see the true disorder of the intray in our study.  
Coiled - See that old fabric covered wire on our old family heirloom phone?  How many teenage hours did I spend coiling that round my fingers while gossiping on the phone to friends?  The tales that cord could tell!
Shocking - Our weather!  Just look at the puddles on my patio.  Easter school holidays and it poured down - blah!
Lots and lots - of chocolate.  The Easter Bunny was busy this year.
Tender - My niece's children.  Big sister Sophie and Baby bro Jacob (or Dayshub as she calls him) 
Elegant - When I was looking for a dress to wear for our son's graduation last year, I happened to be in Chelmsford on a day when the Debenhams there had a 50% sale on their designer styles.  This Betty Jackson dress screamed "Buy me" at me as I walked past.  How could I resist?
I still have a layout that I want to complete from yesterday's challenges so once I've got the boring bits out the way ie washing/ironing/going to my Rosemary Conley class/food shopping I intend to use up a couple of photos I've been dying to put in a layout.  Let's see how I manage to get the Queen of Hearts and Buzz Lightyear on the same page ...

9 comments:

Amy said...

I love the 'tender' shot and, goodness me, how did you manage with all that chocolate?!

Sian said...

I love that old telephone and the idea that it has a lot of secrets - there HAS to be a layout in there!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Gorgeous collage this week & I will definitely be looking out for some Hellebores! I always thought them a bit flimsy, but if they stick round I'll heed your recommendation!! Can't wait to see that Queen of Hearts/Buzz Lightyear LO!! It'll have to be a Disney theme won't it??!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think that dress would shout buy me to me too!

Alison said...

I love hellebores too Deb..mine are white, tinged with pink...I do love Sophie's name for Jacob!
Alison xx

Lou said...

your old phone jumped out at me - how nice to still have it in the family bet it could tell you a story or two xx great photos

Lou said...

P.S just read your comments and seen Sian's lol!

Beverly said...

I love the photo of your great little ones :)

Ifa said...

Hellebores are great at this time or even earlier when nothing else is around in the garden. AND, I am looking forward to seeing Buzz lightyear appear on your page...full stop.