Wednesday 25 April 2012

My day off in a week in the life

Ah, Wednesday.  How I look forward to you.  My day off from work.  A day to myself.  To do whatever I want - well that's the theory!  As it happens I've been running errands for other people, ferrying my son places and puppy sitting:
View from my kitchen window first thing this morning.  This drought we are having is awful!  We've had drizzle, light rain, heavy rain, thunderstorms and hailstones today.  
A different supermarket today!  I prefer Waitrose to the others in town and a big bonus is that it is in the centre of town and offers 90 minutes free car parking so plenty of time to go into town, whizz round the other shops and still pop in to buy the groceries you wanted too.  They had their 'Dine in for £10' offer on today.  So I got tomorrow's dinner: a shoulder of pork in honey and mustard glaze, new potatoes, wickedly delicious chocolate and black cherry dessert and a bottle of red wine.  All for £10.  Result!!!
Popped round to my daughter's to pick up the puppy and bring her to my house for the afternoon.  This is the little face I had looking at me while I was eating my lunch.  How could I resist ... she had a little extra lunchtime snack as well {don't tell her mummy}
My son is studying for his masters degree in African Politics in London and today he had an exam for the module he is taking in Swahili.  So I was dropping him off at the station at 9.30 and picking him up again at 2pm.  It's not the prettiest of places.
For tonight's tea I am making homemade minestrone soup.  We will have soda bread to go with it.  Soda bread is my current favourite, I love the dense texture of it and it will go perfectly with the soup.  So that's my day in pictures.  And yes.  It's STILL raining - argh!

9 comments:

helena said...

great picture of the rain - mine is raindrops on the clothes line.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your Weds. looks like my Monday (to be posted soon).
Rinda

Kirsty.A said...

Great rainy window shot. It has been raining here all day too. sooo boring

scrappyjacky said...

I think there may be a few rain pictures featured today!!!
I wish we had a Waitrose....it's the only supermarket we don't have....though I do like the M&S dine for a tenner.

Alison said...

Love your rain picture...no wonder you're fed up with that drought;)
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh home made soup and I use Swiss bouillon too in all my soups.

Scrappi Sandi said...

I used to use that Waitrose car park when I was an area manager in an earlier life! I had to call on a certain dept store in your town (don't know if it's still there?) & the 90 mins was enough to allow me to complete my call & then pop in for a bar of chocolate to eat on the drive back home to WGC which is where we lived then! Love todays pics!

Sandie said...

Funny how our days off are always so busy. Love the rain photo - someone said since the hosepipe ban in parts of the country it hasn't stopped raining and I think they are right!

Amy said...

I would say that we would have had almost exactly the same weather here on Wednesday - cold and horrible!