Saturday 14 April 2012

Dinner was a little late tonight

... and it's totally Shimelle's fault!  I kind of got involved in the next challenge here  where we had to take inspiration from this layout
So I thought back to the promise I made to my niece's baby, Jacob, when I promised him a layout of his own.  One where he was the centre of attention and big sister Sophie wasn't trying to get in the limelight.  Great-aunt Deb will never go back on her word Jacob, here's your layout
So the things I copied were the contrast edges on the sides, the butterflies made from the same paper as the background and the embellishments at the top left of the photo.  I didn't have a panoramic photo so I've tried to fill the space with some simple lettering and date.  Hope you approve Jacob.  

10 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

aww, that's really sweet, the butterflies look gorgeous! The title etc fills up the space really well too. x

Alison said...

I'm certain Jacob will approve...love the butterflies cut from the same paper-looks really effective!
Alison xx

dogmatix said...

beautiful LO. I love how the photo really stands out :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby face! Very good take on the challenge.

Cynthia said...

Awww, how sweet!! Love the tone-on-tone butterflies. You really rocked this layout!

nerllybird said...

That's adorable - a perfect baby page!

Cheryl said...

What aa fab LO love the butterflies and such a cute photo x

Lou said...

awww a fantastic photo and I love the calmness of your layout.

So wish i could have joined in this weekend too! never mind maybe next time x

Cal said...

Lovely page! A great take on Wilna's

Sian said...

I'm sure he will! Approve, I mean :)