Sunday 1 April 2012

Storytelling Sunday - Say Cheese!

I was sorting through the box of old photos looking for inspiration for Storytelling Sunday and I came across these:
And it really made me smile because I can so clearly remember how much I loved going into photo booths when I was little.  I wasn't often allowed in alone so the middle strip is a bit of a speciality!  When I was growing up, we would always go on holiday with my Aunt and Uncle and my two cousins and the lady in the first strip here is my Auntie Babs.  I suspect that on this occasion everyone else ignored my pleas to go into the booth 'just one more time'.  I really was a Daddy's girl and the strip on the right is a rarity as I must have really pestered him as he HATED having his photo taken and going in a photo booth would have been bottom of his list of things he wanted to do!  I really love the memories that these three silly strips of photos have brought back to me.  

Storytelling Sunday.  The perfect opportunity for a trip down memory lane.    

22 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I love those old strip photos as well....and wish I'd kept more old ones.

Scattychick said...

What lovely memories :)

Miriam said...

What a great idea to look through your old photo's and how wonderful that you still have them to show us. Thank you :)

Alison said...

I agree with Miriam..a great idea to look through old pics- my problem is that they are in my mum's house in Scotland..not exactly handy! Great memories Deb!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Ooh, I'm more than a little envious! I always loved the idea of photobooth photos when I wa slittle and we never allowed to have a go! When I was a teenager I managed it once with my own money - and you have now given me the idea of jumping into one with TSO tomorrow when we go shopping for eggs. I think these photos are priceless - I love them!

Cheri said...

You can tell you loved it - what a little ham for the camera!

Unknown said...

You certainly look like you enjoyed having those photos taken! I remember seeing photo booths when I was younger but we were never allowed to go in one. I am just a little envious :-)

JO SOWERBY said...

u look very dolled up for ur photo op,
jo xxx

Lou said...

Brilliant photos and i'm too in photobooth envy - we were never allowed.

Ruth said...

What a treasure! I have no find memories of photo booths at all ~ I always looked hideous!

Mel said...

Yes photobooths were so exciting - especially the aniticpation as you waited for them to dry before you could take them!

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely story and photos - how precious to have the ones with your Dad especially. TFS!

Julie Kirk said...

There is always something especially atmospheric about photobooth photos - these are lovely! And I had to do a double-take when I fist glanced - because Auntie Babs looks a lot like a great aunt of mine!

:-)

Scrappi Sandi said...

I used to love the photo booth growing up to...in Hereford, ours was in Woolworths, right next to the Pick'n'mix!!! Everything a pre-pubescent girl could want for a Saturday afternoons entertainment!! As a teen, we used to squeeze as many people in as we could...& then get thrown out by the management!! Oh mis-spent youth!!! Thanks for the memory!! :D

Maria Ontiveros said...

My daughter loves photo booths - they tend to have them at movie theaters around here.
Rinda

Ginger said...

I think I was only ever in a photo booth twice - I do love them, but never seem to think to find one when at the mall:) what wonderful memories you have here Deb!

Anonymous said...

i loved photo booths when i was little, too, and cherish the ones we have! thanks so much for sharing - what a lovely story!

Miss Smith said...

I LOVE photo strips and these are absolutely amazing!!! What wonderful memories.

Beverly said...

You look deliriously happy in these and what a sweet memory that Daddy joined in to make his sweet girl happy :)

Ifa said...

Certainly it is! Gorgeous strips and what a treasure.

Abi said...

these are lovely and very sweet.

furrypig said...

great photo strips all your head wear is fabulous!