Tuesday 3 April 2012

Brothers and Sisters

I thought it was about time I got a page together to celebrate the arrival of the newest member of our extended family.  Baby Jacob arrived a month ago and I still hadn't made a layout to document it.  I popped in to visit him and his big sister yesterday and whilst he obviously couldn't say anything I could tell from the look in his eye that he was not happy that he hadn't shown up on my blog yet.  Sorry Jacob, but I've made up for it now.
Yes I know you are having to share the limelight with that big sister of yours but you both look so adorable in this photo I couldn't resist using it for your first layout.  I promise that it won't be long before I do one with you on your own centre stage!
The weather here in the UK has taken a distinct turn for the worse and I can't believe that just one week ago we were sitting out in the garden enjoying the sunshine.  Ah, the joys of living in the UK!  
We are having friends over for dinner on Thursday night and I've run out of ideas for desserts so have spent today 'test driving' a couple of new ones.  Both of them look good but I need to put them through the taste test tonight before I make a decision.  The husband can't believe his luck, not only a home cooked dessert on a Tuesday night, but having to sample two to give me his opinion! 

9 comments:

Jo.C said...

You can tell it's the holiday both with the weather and the Tuesday double dessert. Beautiful LO.
Enjoy x

Beverly said...

A precious picture and I am sure Jacob will have many solo layouts in his future :) Rough night for your poor husband. We rarely have dessert but the Chosen One had to suffer last night so I could post to my Pinspiration for the blog today. The sacrifices they make for us LOL

Cheri said...

Jacob and his sister are adorable! I have to say that our ten day sneak peek of Spring in March ended rather abruptly and it has been back to more seasonable temperatures (meaning cold) here too!

Alison said...

What a cute pair!..and a lovely LO Deb...hope DH enjoys his treat!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Aren't they just lovely!

I hope "Deb's recommendation" for dessert shows up on your blog soon. TSO was delighted that you enjoyed her recipe. We like it with the black pepper wedges too

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo and lovely layout and a two dessert Tuesday - it must be bliss in your house!

alexa said...

That's a very sweet photo and page - I can see why you wanted to use it! Hopefully he will forgive you in years to come after all the other super pages he will have from you! Two desserts? How lucky is that!

boysmum2 said...

gorgeous picture, you have done it proud

JO SOWERBY said...

hey debs, thanx for the comments and the lovely owl links. much appreciated. glad u found those word verifications, they're annoying,
jo xxx