Sunday 29 April 2012

Last day of a week in the life

Well that week flew by!  Here are my last pictures
I wouldn't normally bring work home with me but I am responsible for the school newsletter and it goes to print this week so needed proof reading.  My line manager is an ex English teacher so is red hot on grammar and spelling and it has to go to her when I think it is ready.  She then takes her red pen and picks up all the silly things I've missed!  It's 22 pages long this half term and I've been looking at the articles so much now that I need to have a fresh pair of eyes so decided to check it at my leisure.
 I don't normally go shopping on a Sunday as there is a part of me that thinks Sundays should be days of relaxation and homely things.  But we have a lot of birthdays in the next week and I suddenly realised there was one I had forgotten and needed an emergency dash to buy something I can get in the post tomorrow.  We have friends who moved to Belgium and their Sunday laws are really strict.  No shops open and you are not allowed to do anything which may be considered a nuisance to your neighbours.  No lawn-mowing and no barbecues!  
Tried out a new recipe for dinner which called for 100ml of red wine in the sauce.  Someone once told me that you should never cook with a wine that you wouldn't use to drink with your meal.  So in the interests of quality control, I needed to open the bottle early and have a little taster.  Happy to report the wine passed the stringent testing needed :-)
And here's the finished dish.  Lamb casserole with roasted garlic and rosemary dumplings.  Absolutely delicious and just what we needed on a cold, wet, blustery day like today.  
Now I need to decide what to do with the photos I have taken in order to complete the project.  Suggestions anyone?

10 comments:

alexa said...

I don't have any suggestions, Deb, except to pour another glass of wine and tuck into another helping of casserole - it looks lovely!

scrappyjacky said...

That casserole looks delicious,Deb....but no suggestions,I'm afraid.

Rhona said...

I haven't been on my computer for quite some time so it's been great to catch up on your Week in the Life posts. Now what to do with the photos ..... hmmm! I'm sure you'll come up with something great! xx

Sandie said...

I agree, that casserole looks great and is just what is needed on a wet windy day like this.

Amy said...

I think Alexa has the answer ... well, you may find the answer if you follow her advice!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Congrats on finishing. I'm posting my plan a bit later today. I think the key is to come up with a simple plan, print your photos quickly and "just do it!"
Rinda

Sian said...

Wow, 22 pages of newsletter! Plenty to keep you going there..

The casserole sounds delicious

Ifa said...

Wow, your school has a lot of news to fill 22 pages. Good luck with the proof reading. The casserole looks delicious.

Ginger said...

Rinda is right - keep it simple because then you will be certain to finish it.

Your casserole looks delicious, I attempted to make dumplings a couple weeks ago, they were good, but would have been better had I remembered to add the salt!! ;)

Susanne said...

Those dumplings look delicious - and the wine is plenty tempting too. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with those photos.