Sunday 15 April 2012

Hidden words

The next challenge on Shimelle's page that took my fancy was to make a layout with an envelope to have some hidden journalling.
Now, anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a worrier.  There's always something for me to have to worry about.  I have a daughter for whom the description 'drama queen' was invented and whose first reaction to anything happening is to pick up the phone and share the drama with mum.  I have a son at the other end of the spectrum whose life is somewhat of a mystery to me.  I guess that's boys for you, why on earth would you want to let your mum know what you are up to?  So both children can be a cause of anxiety for very different reasons!  One because I do know what's happening and one because I don't! So this summer my son is off to Africa for a month.  On his own.  Doing volunteer work near Kilimanjaro.  Won't know where he's staying until he gets there.  Won't know what he's doing until he gets there.  It's going to be a very long four weeks in our household I can tell you!  What a perfect subject for a bit of hidden journalling
I don't know what I've done with the brightness on this photo but can only assure you that the envelope flap is nowhere near as stark in real life!

12 comments:

Biene said...

Wow, what a story! And the little envelope is so perfect for it! I wish you all the best for you and your son :-))

Kirsty.A said...

What an adventure for him. What you don't know can;t hurt you!!
Lovely layout. I've just scrolled down to look at some of the other great pages you've made with Shimelle's challenges. I got back from holiday late last night so I can't join in except by blog hopping and admiring everyone else's pages. Great work.

Emily D. said...

Wow... that is definitely an adventure. That's quite an opportunity. I can understand how you would be worried. It will all be fine though momma. :) Wishing you both the best of luck. Love your page!

Alison said...

Great idea for keeping all those 'little' concerns tucked away...hopefully you will look back and wonder what all the worry was about!
Alison xx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Just catching up with your last three posts & love all your LO's, especially the one of you t your front door & I know Jacob will love his!! LOL at supper being late...that happens a ot in this house when I get engrossed in a project! BTW I don't think any Mum ever stops worrying about her offspring, no matter how little or much she knows about what they're up to!! But how woderful that your son has the confidence to just get out there & do it!! He'll be fine & the you can do a LO without hidden journaling t tell us what he did get up to!! :D

Sian said...

What an amazing adventure that will be!

I'm a big fan of hidden journaling - much better than not wanting to write at all. Quite a few of my pages have the story on the back - the bit that doesn't make it onto the blog! Plus, I quite like having to make whoever is looking have to work a bit to find the story - more interesting. This envelope is perfect

Cynthia said...

So awesome that your son has this opportunity!! And the page is perfect for your journaling about that situation. Love the colors!

Lou said...

Your son will have a fantastic time, the weeks will fly by and he'll be home before you know it. Great layout and I do like the map envelope x

Denise said...

Looks like I'm not the only one who has been busy scrapping all weekend! Lovely layouts- and I know what you mean about boys not sharing anything too! x

Anonymous said...

Love your envelope and what a handsome boy you have!

Cheri said...

So impressed with all your layouts for Shimelle's challenge! Good job! I especially liked the yellow/gray combo.

alexa said...

I love how you've chosen a map for your envelope - perfect. Always scary when our children disappear off so far away and we don't.can't know what's happening to them, and I hope the month goes by without too much anxiety for you.