Tuesday 15 July 2008

Prompt three

I know I've missed out prompt two but I'm anxious to catch up! So I've skipped to 'What's in your suitcase?' which is good practice as it won't be long until I' doing it for real! I'd like to think I have that 'capsule wardrobe' that magazines talk about, something that takes me 'effortlessly from beach to evening' but it's never going to happen! Holidays are for relaxing and to me that means beach or pool. So my first item is beach towel, swiftly followed by sun cream. As a natural redhead, something I have always needed! Swimwear next and as the years go by, the amount of fabric and lycra needed has increased, gone are the days of string bikinis! I always take at least 3 sarongs with me to take me 'effortlessly' from beach to beach bar when I'm overheated and in need of shade and a cold drink. Like many women I usually take more clothes than I need although I always promise I will try and cut down. There is always something that I take out there than returns home unworn. And of course several pairs of shoes that are unsuitable for walking along cobbled streets so the old faithful comfortable gold flip flops are taken out every night! Years of travelling with children mean that I have a pretty extensive holiday first aid kit but I daren't leave any of it behind anymore 'just in case'. The last thing that goes into my hand luggage is my trusty pashmina, something I could not travel without. It doubles up as pillow on aircraft or blanket for when the air con gets switched on, seat cover when you go to a restaurant that has uncomfortable bamboo seats that leave odd marks on bare legs and of course something to put round your shoulders when the sun sets in the evening and a slight breeze picks up. Just thinking about packing makes me want to be on holiday, only two weeks to go!

2 comments:

Rhona said...

Great to see you posting your prompts, I'll look forward to checking back as move on in the class. Hope your son's enjoying his holiday and good luck for your daughter's job hunting.

Denise said...

looking good - so glad you signed up xx