Monday 14 February 2022

Me on Monday


Last weekend I learned a couple of new things and it happened again this weekend too.

At 5am Sunday morning I learned that the garage were wrong in saying there was nothing wrong with the alarm on my car because guess what?  It went off again.  For no reason at all - again.  Then wouldn't turn off - again.  My neighbours must hate me! Fortunately the roadside assistance turned up within half and hour and the recovery vehicle took it away.  Let's hope they find something this time!  I had a feeling that when they said they couldn't find anything wrong it would happen again and I've learned that my gut reaction was right!

I also learned that I have been mishearing the lyrics of a song we dance to at Zumba.  My Zumba teacher is from Venezuela and she loves latin style dance.  She often uses latin based music and frequently uses songs which are in Spanish.  There's one routine that I really like and I've kept meaning to ask her what the music was.  I knew it had the same kind of feeling as Camila Cabello's 'SeƱorita', which we use as a cool down track and after a bit of investigation I found the elusive song on Youtube.  I was convinced that the main part of the song was in English but the chorus was in Spanish with the words 'Dongo, dongo yay' (although I have no idea if Dongo is a Spanish word!) But on Sunday I learnt that I was completely wrong, it was ...


'Don't go yet'.  Oops!

Have a good week!

8 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Oh that darn alarm - maybe the mechanics tending to your car should park in in their garage & see how long before they discover the source of the problem. I chuckled at the song lyrics mistake ... Mr Man has that happen all the time. There are some artists that truly mumble their way through lyrics (col). While I haven't been to an in person fitness class in 2 years, our instructor tried the online gig, but that did not go well :( but I am reminded that her music choices for our classes were always disco from the 80's ... I learnt so much about music from that time period from her & also that leg warmers do help with cramps in the legs (lol).

Ruth said...

Ah, that dratted car alarm - fingers crossed it is fixed properly this time around.

I love a spot of misheard lyrics! My favourite is when I thought Handel's Hallelujah Chorus had the line "the big white chief ..." In reality, turns out the line is "and we like sheep!"

Jennifer said...

UGH - that car alarm!! I doubt the neighbors hate you but won't everyone be happy when the problem is resolved:) We have a pesky smoke detector in our kitchen. Goes off if we use the toaster (well, almost)! So aggravating! Have a great week, Deb!

Susanne said...

I really does take our ears a while to tune into other languages doesn't it. On the other hand, there is no mistaking the sound of the car alarm. We know that feeling of the car alarm going off uncontrolled, it's a bit embarrassing, isn't it. Hope it get fixed, truly fixed.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Nothing worse than car alarms that go off for no reason. It's so embarrassing. Our house alarm went through a phase of going off all the time, and I was continually apologizing to the neighbours. No fun when it happens in the dead of night! Hope you're having a good week.

alexa said...

So sorry to read of the furthers trials as regards the car alarm :(. Intermittent faults are the worst to track down ... You made me smile with your mistaken lyrics tale - easily done! My Dad as a young boy was always convinced that the Queen liked plums because of the line in the National Anthem: "She her victorias". Hoping your week is going well.

alexa said...

Sorry: 'Send' not 'she'.

Barbara Eads said...

Yikes! 5 a.m. on a Sunday! I'm sure you were not very popular with your neighbors. Surely they would understand a crazy car!! I do hope they get to the root of the problem. I don't usually lock my car in my driveway. I know you are supposed to, but I don't keep anything of value in it. I'd rather not have someone break my windows!! Hope your auto repair figures it out.