Tuesday 21 December 2010

Stress levels rising

I had plans for today.  Pop into town to get a bit more food shopping from Waitrose, 12 noon go to the salon for my Shellac manicure (the most amazing manicure ever, the last one lasted 4 weeks and had only just started to chip then) come home, ice cake and wrap presents.
However. 
The son asked if he could use a bit of paper and tags to wrap presents for his girlfriend's family.  I said yes.  So he has picked the nicest paper that I had, you know, the stuff I was saving for 'special' presents, used up all the co ordinating labels and left me with about 3" of sellotape.  I just looked out the window and it is snowing - again - and I don't think I can be bothered to put on boots, coat, gloves and get in the car just to get sellotape.  But I do want to get these gifts wrapped .....
I came home from Waitrose with an £80 bill, how did that happen?  The same way the food levels in the fridge are dropping since the son returned home.  I had forgotten how hungry boys can get and how often they need to eat! 
So, having typed this post and drunk a cup of tea and revived my sugar levels with a slice of birthday cake left from my nephew's wife's party on Sunday, I think I am going to brave the elements and get some more tape.  If I get these gifts wrapped that will be another tick on the list done and it's a time consuming job too.  Then tomorrow I can deliver them/hide them/put them in a santa sack {delete as appropriate} and move onto icing that cake. 
Seems that for every one item I cross off that list, another two take it's place.  Ho Ho Ho.

7 comments:

humel said...

Oh no!! Poor you... My list *finally* seems to have stopped breeding, but not before it had filled a couple of pages! I managed to finish wrapping my gifts earlier though, thank goodness (and before The Doctor got his hands on any sellotape so there was enough left....) Good luck with your list, Deb xx

Anonymous said...

Well done you on getting the shopping done - I managed to drag myself to Iceland and get just enough to see us through today and so far it has taken me an hour to wrap 6 presents - blooming chest which makes me wheezie all the time.

scrappyjacky said...

Wrapping presents is the one thing I loathe about christmas....and my DD used the best paper as well...though luckily not all the sellotape....and they are all finally done!!!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

One of the biggest lessons I learned in Europe is that a nice cup of tea can certainly rejuvinate the mind and body! good luck with your list.
Rinda

Cheri said...

Oh Deb! Take a deep breath - inhale, exhale. Now remind yourself that in a few days all this madness will be over! Have another cup of tea and relax. Happy Holidays!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Just playing catch-up on your last few posts & I'm glad your son managed to get some answers before January!...horrified at your daughters drink being spiked & hope she isn't suffering any after effects...that puppy is just too gorgeous & 'westie-poo' is a new breed on me!!...That book it just awesome, no wonder you can't wait to do more!...I love your chinese bracelet story & finally...I'm having the opposite problems...everything wrapped, fridge & freezer full to busting & now all our plans for house guests have been cancelled because of the weather & severe road conditions between here & Hereford

Sian said...

My brother has a delightful habit of pinching my paper when he is at home- this year I noticed he has been using mail oreder and ticking the gift wrap option lol