Wednesday 10 April 2013

Trying something different

There's a new app on the block. Well it's new to me anyway. I'd seen a few pictures come up on Instagram with #bubblecam and I knew I had to try it! And fortunately a few little flowers have appeared in the garden to act as models for my experiment.
 
 
Isn't it clever? Clearly it is not something you can use for many subjects ... Or could you?



 
So as you can see, I am using my Easter Holidays productively ;-)
Actually a fair bit of decorating has been done, 5 gloss doors, a ceiling and coving but we've come to a halt as the wall paint needed to be ordered in.  I suspect that my husband may have said something like 'we're in no hurry' as it's been a week since he ordered it.
 
Thankfully the weather is slightly improving with each day which is good because P,R@J are doing the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge next weekend.  25 miles up and down 3 Peaks within 12 hours, not my idea of a weekend stroll so I am staying home dog-sitting.  They've been in training for a while now.  J is getting his fair share of cycling to places and then walking for about 3 hours up in Scotland and P&R are discovering parts of our local area they've previously only driven to - 12 miles on average on a Sunday morning.  Luckily we have some lovely countryside around us - they even made it to Hatfield Forest and back last week - although P had to stop for a coffee and a Mars bar at the little cafĂ© there before the trek back!
 
So, back to app talk - I love discovering new (free) apps, what are your favourites?

14 comments:

helena said...

oh my I have to get that app - love the effect.

The one I use most often for its pencil sketch effects is papercamera

Sian said...

That's very nifty! I bet TSO would enjoy that one..I'll have to pass it on. I'm waiting for my upgrade before I hunt down any new ones to add to the creaking phone I have

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Ooooh I love the bubblecam app! :o) I downloaded it to and played with it for a bit. LOVE the bubble photo of Coco! :o)

Denise said...

Might have to investigate this one ;-)

alexa said...

Very neat-and willbe off o investigate in a moment! Hoping al that trekking and up and down stuff goes well for your men. At home with the dog sounds much more comfy!

Sandie said...

The app looks fun. Good luck to your intrepid 3 doing the 3 Peak Challenge. I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Love the creative photos x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Okay, I'm convinced! I think I'll try out the bubble cam soon.
Rinda

Beverly said...

That is cool and I love the one of Coco! For some reason that I don't know I don't play around with apps and my phone camera much for that matter. I, too have a family of athletic overachievers, I am quite happy being their support team while staying home and letting Bob Harper work me out on the Wii ;) About using WV... Recently I have been getting lots of anonymous spam with links but so far it is all go straight to the blogger spam folder, was yours making it to your blog page?

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is a neat app!

Good luck to them on their challenge!

debs14 said...

Yes it made it through to my page, nothing nasty, just unwanted! I may try taking W V off again soon to see if they've found somewhere else to go.

Alison said...

Love. The App..am off to check it out!
Alison xx

Arty Bec said...

That's an awesome app! I love love love the flower image! Very arty and "pro"!

Anonymous said...

That's neat. Hope they have it for iPads.