Saturday 21 September 2013

Scavenger Hunt - The Finale

When I found the last picture for Rinda's Scavenger Hunt, there was part of me that wanted to turn cartwheels and run up and down the street punching the air and shouting 'I've finished!' but there was also a part of me that wanted to mope around pouting and mumbling to anyone who cared to ask what was the matter that 'I've finished'.  Because I really enjoy this project.  I look forward to it starting and I love looking through the list knowing that some I can find relatively easily, some are further afield but I have a hunch that I may know where I'll find them and others are 'eureka' moments that you come across when you are least expecting to find something.
Last year I put all my pictures in a little album and I've done the same again this year. 


Cambridge Market/Globe Theatre London/Registry office Bishop's Stortford/ Aeroplane Stansted Airport

Sunset in Ibiza/Coco napping
Funny signs/Tower of London & Tower Bridge

Something out of place/outdoor bench/animal in an aquarium/cloud in the shape of something
Fence/Stained glass mosaic/police vehicle
windmill/candle/local pub/someone fishing
Dinosaur/me doing something creative

So there we are, all done and dusted!  Thank you so much for organising this Rinda, we've all had a fab time hunting these things out and I was so pleased to find all the items this year and not having to use one of the substitutes.  (Last year I was foiled by that pesky unicycle!)
Here's to Scavenger Hunt 2014 - only 9 months to go



17 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

A lovely way to display all your scavenged shots. The unicycle got the better of me last year too!

Amy said...

Oh I have to laugh Deb - I didn't know what to do (photographically) for about a month after I'd finished!

Sian said...

Wow, not only did you get finished, you finished up a whole album for it too. Now that's impressive :) You're right: I'm looking forward to next year already

scrappyjacky said...

Love your album,Deb.....I usually make one....but I think I may just collage this year.

Cheri said...

Love your little album Deb!

Andy said...

What a fantastic blog post. I really loved how you have placed your photographs in a beautiful album. Like Sian I looking forward to the next hunt too.

Textile Recycler said...

Love the album that you created from all of your photos...great job...

furrypig said...

your album is gorgeous I only just started to put together my album for last years scavenger photos lol! Well done!

Jane said...

love your album, I can't wait for next year now!

The Mann Fam said...

I participated in these scavenger hunts from the beginning and haven't done much with my pictures. I love what you and a few others have done in creating albums each year. Thanks for inspiring me to do something about that this year.

john-w said...

What a lovely way to display a fab set of photos. Well done! My first time on Scavenger Hunt - and it won't be my last! Such fun! See you again next year, kind regards, John W #17.

Alison said...

Love the album, Deb!
Alison xx

Ruth said...

I love how your album has turned out. I have plans for a 4x6 one. Photo, text, done.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love your album & great shots! I too look forward to the scavenger hunt every year. I missed the cloud shape this time which has to be the more ridiculous thing to miss but we just haven't had a lot of the 'shape' type clouds this summer. Just grey overcastness.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love your photos and that awesome little book you made, Deb! I still haven't decided what to do with mine. :o)

~*~Patty S said...

Great idea making a book out of your fab scavenger hunt photos!
I find myself still seeing items on the list eventho I completed mine as well...
Rinda certainly created a lot of fun all around the globe!
Greetings from Virginia, USA
oxo

Maria Ontiveros said...

Woohoo!!! The book looks good. Thanks so much for your kind words. I really do love hosting this project.
Rinda