Monday 23 June 2014

Me on Monday ~ 4

I'm having to split my work hours this week so Me on Monday finds me working, but 10.15 - 3.45. Which means that I had to remember not to get too involved in anything early on. Which meant not getting the sewing machine out and going to the local branch of Sainsburys, not the one in town which is dangerously close to all manner of distracting shops. My selfie for this week is the school picture I have on my identity tag at work. Oh come on, that counts, doesn't it? It is a picture of me after all!

So what kind of a weekend did we have here. Well one of the family spent her morning quite literally becoming a 'hot dog' laying out in the sunshine 
Wasn't it a glorious weekend? Wall to wall sunshine, the Summer Solstice, officially the first day of summer, this is it, get the sun dresses and flip flops out ... and then we wake up on Monday to damp pavements and rain on windscreens. Can we really only have two days of sun at a time?

So it was a bit of a lazy weekend. A kind of drying the washing outside, putting up the garden parasol, eating every meal on the patio, realising that there is no way England will make it any further in the World Cup, having the mother in law over for Sunday lunch, watching the last episode of Fargo kind of weekend. Literally blood (Fargo) sweat (sunning in the garden) and tears (football).

How was yours? 

6 comments:

Sian said...

It's very good to see you. Mrs Keyworth!

Yep, I'm going to really miss Fargo too. Not sure how I feel about the end. I'm glad it was a happy one for the new chief and her family, but I'm not sure about Lester just disappearing like that...maybe a little bit of me wanted him to get away with it?

Sandra said...

Oh yes, I'd say that counts :)

That really has to be the sweetest nose x

Alison said...

What a cute pic...Boo has taken to hiding under my bed..it's too hot for her outdoors!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

Our dog is a sun worshiper as well. Definately no rain here today....just heat.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I just love that picture of your cute pooch. No rain here, but it may be on the way. It's a very sticky evening here.

Abi said...

Your sweet dog sums up my weekend. Scorching hot and lots of cricket watching. I am also not used to so much sun. The burn on my arms is incredible!