Wednesday 6 June 2018

Online book club

It's very handy that I have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment because I've joined in with Leslie's online book club and the first book has been chosen.



Leslie chose a selection of books for us to vote for and this is the one which won.  I voted for it as It looked like the kind of book I would have chosen if left to my own devices so I was quick to download it to start reading.  

Now I've started, I can't stop!  It really is a page turner and clues are being drip fed into us as to what the whole story is really about.  I won't reveal any more as there is nothing worse than a spoiler when you are reading and enjoying a book, but let's just say that I am taking full advantage of not having to clutter up my days with going out to work!  

Has anyone already read this book? It doesn't seem to be out in paperback in the UK yet, but if you fancy a gripping read and don't mind downloading rather than having a physical book in your hand, I'd recommend it.  

I just hope the ending is as good as the first three quarters ...

3 comments:

Leslie Clingan said...

I love you. Thank you for this kind mention and I am thrilled that on a whim I decided to do a book club and that there were some gals sweet enough to join me!

Wanted you gals to have some voice in what we read so I didn't vote on our first book but this title won fair and square without my vote! I am enjoying it so far, even read longer than my typical 3 minutes before getting sleepy last night! That speaks volumes.

Thank you again, dear one, for the mention and most of all for joining me on this adventure outside my comfort zone! XO

Patio Postcards said...

Thanks Deb for the book recommendation, I am always looking for books to read. I'll see if I can get from the library. Happy reading.

Ruth said...

I echo what Mary Lou has said!