Saturday 16 November 2019

Can you Caboodle?

Attention all book lovers!

Have you seen the annual book challenge on the National Book Tokens website?  They have a picture that includes clues to 20 books.  It's compulsive and challenging and good fun.  There's a mix of children's books, adult best sellers and classics - you just have to guess the book by the drawing.  I'm only up to 10 of the 20 so far, I need to get my thinking cap on!  Let me know if you decide to join in too, and let me know if you can work out what the blue car with the white wedding ribbon refers to!

It's been a busy few days here, we decided to decorate our dining room and am pleased to say that the paint is dry, the curtains are back up and all the glasses are back in the display cabinet.  We'd emptied them all out onto a kitchen unit and when I came down to make a cup of tea this morning it looked like we'd had a massive party the night before.  It's freshened the room up and whilst it's been a busy couple of days doing it non stop, it's nice to know it's all clean and tidy in time for the Christmas festivities.

Talking of which ... I ordered my turkey today - which means it must be getting closer! When I start my proper 'to do' list I will be happy to be able to tick one thing off straight away.  Well, two things actually as I have bought some Christmas cards too - this year I decided that instead of adding to the profits of one of the department stores who give about 5p per pack to charity, I would buy direct from one of the charity shops in town where the charity gets 100% of the cost.  

There's someone else in the house who's getting ready for next month, Coco had her official Christmas photo taken when she was at the groomers on Thursday

  
This is a bad time of year to have a white dog - those paws won't stay that clean for long!

8 comments:

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Coco looks so festive and fluffy!! We used to love getting our pups cleaned up for the holidays. The little bows and bandanas they would get always made them look so dressed up. Doesn't it feel so good to have your dining room freshened up for the holidays. I thought we were going to be eating at Lauren's house but looks like she is rethinking her offer!! I need to get my dining room spruced up if we are eating here. When you say you have ordered the turkey, does that mean it comes cooked? Or you just place an order for the size bird you want to cook? Our stores are full of frozen birds from now until the first of the year. I picked up one last big shopping and it is in our freezer.

debs14 said...

Leslie - we now (unexpectedly) have an extra two people joining us for Christmas lunch - Rachel's parents in law were going to be on their own so they've been invited too, thankfully I'd ordered a fairly large turkey crown! We ordered it from our local butchers and we will pick it up on Christmas Eve, it'll be raw so I'll be up to my elbows (literally) in stuffing bright and early on Christmas Day. A few years ago I cooked for 16 people so 9 this year should be easy ;-)

Ruth said...

I have three things to say in reply to this post:
1) I ordered my turkey on 17 October.
2) I wrote and addressed 25 cards on Friday evening (and I have wrapped 6 gifts).
3) Coco looks so adorable!

Patio Postcards said...

Coco looks so sweet in his holiday best. I have no idea about Caboodle.

Barbara Eads said...


Thanks for sharing that book quiz. It's really hard!! Also, I'd love to see some pictures of your refreshed dining room! I can relate to the work involved! The holidays are upon us!

Susanne said...

Coco looks quite serious about this posing business. I am debating whether this is the year to take all the china out of the cabinet in the dining room and give is a good wash, as well as cleaning and polishing all the wood cabinets in the kitchen. I am afraid to make a proper list of all that I need to do, but if I don't it won't all get done. In the meantime, I'm off to check out the book quiz as well.

alexa said...

My, Coco is looking beautifully smart ... I'm not really a doggy person but I can see how lovely he is.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

That cake looks wonderful! Interested to hear that you liked "Last Christmas." It seemed to get bad reviews but it's breaking box office records. Coco looks very cute.