Monday 29 November 2021

Starting a new week


You can really tell that it's November in my little corner of the world - dog walks are now shorter, more layers are worn and the walking boots are in regular use in preference to trainers.  Funny how the weather never bothers Coco though, she's up for a walk any time of day and any kind of weather.  One of the benefits of having a layer of fur I guess!

It was a nice social kind of week last week, the kind of week that I used to take for granted so it was even nicer to meet up with friends that I hadn't seen for a while.  One friend I had dinner with on Thursday has had a 'Long Lost Family' moment and discovered that she actually has three half siblings that she previously knew nothing about.  Can you imagine the shock? It would seem that her mother had had quite a secret history before settling down with her dad.  

It was nice to get glammed up to go out for dinner with three other couples on Saturday.  The thing that links this group is that our other halves all play badminton together on a Tuesday evening.  But the weather was horrendous that day and it seemed very weird to go out wearing a sparkly sleeveless top and trousers but have to wear a thick padded coat, hat and gloves to survive the walk from the car park to the restaurant!  Isn't it hard to motivate yourself to get all dressed up in the evening when you've been sitting around in comfy joggers and a warm sweater and socks all day.

The sparkles came out again on Sunday as it was our Zumba class's pre-Christmas party, we didn't get to have one last year so we all kept our fingers crossed that it would happen this time.  It was so much fun, there was live music (the female singer does an Adele tribute act and had such a brilliant voice) and of course as we are all Zumba dancers we were dancing all afternoon!  My feet didn't know what had hit them, not only wearing proper shoes with heels for the first time in I don't know how long, but two hours of almost non stop dancing.  

So here we are today and there is another meal out - this time for lunch.  There needs to be some serious healthy eating for the rest of the week!

But first a trip to the car dealership to start the process of choosing a new car.  The contract on my Mini finishes in March and the time between ordering and car arriving is currently about three months so I need to make a decision.  Who am I kidding?  There's no decision to be made - I will get another Mini, I love them!  My only query this time is do I go for automatic or manual?  I normally have manual but Paul has an automatic car and I'm tempted to do the same. 

I'm so pleased that we organised our pre-Christmas 'events' early this year as I'm sure I'm not the only one who is feeling a bit suspicious about the prospect of more restrictions as we move into December.  We seem to be working our way through the Greek alphabet of variants far too quickly!  

5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

You certainly have been very social & it all sounds like the kind that is good for the soul. I like your sparkly top, it looks so festive. We woke to -10 (c) this morning, so definitely time to get out the hats, mittens, scarves, boots ... yes so begins the 10 minutes of dressing to go out for brief walks. (col). Oh what fun a new car choice is.

Ruth said...

It might have been a smart move to go early on festive social events - fingers crossed for our Drinks Party next Saturday afternoon.
What a shock it must be to discover half-siblings! I found my mum's long-lost cousin, but at least we knew about him!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

So glad you got in some of your social events early. I am worried about the way our numbers are climbing here. Just exhausting. I have wanted so badly to take Lucia to the movies but the kids just insist that we wait. In the meantime, this poor little thing and her little sister have not been able to experience anything like they would under normal circumstances. We took her to McD's and ate inside and she was flabbergasted. But the play area was closed - big disappointment for our 5 year old.

You look so lovely. Doesn't it feel good to where sparkles and glitter now and then? I bought a thrifted sequin tee last year after trying the same top on in 2019 and loving it but deciding not to buy it. Have moved it to the front of my closet so I find some excuse to wear it. Even with jeans and some booties. It's just fun to get fancy.

We are still having warm afternoons 70+*F/21*C. Hardly felt like fall. But our nights are getting cooler. Going to Kentucky and Ohio on Thursday where the temperatures will be much colder. Might even see some snow.

Deb's World said...

It's always good to pop in and see what you've been up to Deb. So pleased tings are starting to feel a bit more normal over there for you! Happy 3rd birthday to Rosie, our Emilia turned 3 a few months ago - it's such a lovely age isn't it?

Barbara Eads said...

Another busy week for you. So happy to hear that things are returning to a bit more normal!