Monday 8 November 2021

Me on Monday

 I'm hoping for a slightly more relaxed week this week!  There was an awful lot of extra bits of childminding thrown into the mix last week trying to help free up some time for Rachel to settle into her new job.  

I also thought I may have succumbed to 'that' virus on Friday.  I didn't feel brilliant first thing, I had to de ice my car to go out first thing and I just couldn't get warm again.  We went to Cambridge mid morning but as the time went on it felt like my legs didn't have the strength to walk very far.  After a couple of hours I said to Paul that I thought I needed to go home.  Had I worked too hard at Zumba on Thursday?  Had the excitement of finally getting my hair cut been too much? (I'd first booked it for the week I caught Max's stomach bug, rescheduled it for the following week, then Sophie went into labour early and I was on Max duty, so I was holding my breath that it would finally happen 3rd time lucky!)


Coco had a hair cut

So did I


Blue skies in Cambridge just before I decided I needed to get home!

I took a lateral flow test as soon as we got home, which was negative, spent the rest of the day on the sofa with a hot water bottle feeling very cold and achy.  Dreadful night's sleep, felt a bit warmer but still achy, another lateral flow test, negative again.

Fortunately I woke on Sunday feeling a lot better, and we had our 'official' PCR test in the morning so that will surely confirm one way or the other.  I'm hoping that the fact that I was feeling a lot better within 48 hours means it was some other kind of virus but you can't help but wonder can you?  We have our booster vaccinations booked for Friday which was surprisingly easy to book for a convenient time and place.

Bearing in mind the two negative tests and the fact I was feeling back to normal, we had Rachel and family over for lunch on Sunday, the first time in weeks, and they brought Daisy with them.  Coco was surprisingly relaxed with her so maybe they will be friends in time!  Or maybe she was still chilled from her radio listening on Friday and Saturday night.  She is very scared of fireworks and someone told us that Classic FM were doing a Pet's Classics playlist all evening.  Now, was it pure coincidence or did it help?  Because she slept through the fizzes and bangs going on locally!  Of course we had to watch Strictly Come Dancing with a background of dog calming lullabies but it was worth it to keep her cool, calm and collected!

So in theory this week is a week of two halves, one half looking after grandchildren and the other half getting my car serviced, Zumba, drinks with friends and Covid boosters.  Of course, if that PCR test comes back positive it will be a whole other story!

5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Fingers crossed that the PCR test is negative. I am wondering if COVID booster jabs are going to become an annual thing like the Flu jab? I read about that radio show for pets to keep them calm for Bonfire night; impressed it worked. Coco does look quite ready for the holiday season to begin with her new "do" - neat that they use a photo background to take her photo ... & your new hair do also looks pretty smart!

Ruth said...

Gosh, I hope the PCR test is negative and that your booster doesn't have too many side effects.

Susanne said...

It is a bit strange how feeling the least bit off these days starts us wondering if we have "that" virus. Hubby who is never sick, has had to take the home tests twice because he is being extra careful before visiting his mom in her senior living place. Luckily it has been negative both times. In the meantime, we are waiting our turns to get the boosters.

Jennifer said...

So glad you are feeling better! Certainly, just a bug:) And your haircut is super cute (so is Coco's!)

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Nice to know that Coco got through the fireworks without issue. We had so many pups upset by fireworks this summer. We could hear they crying and howling late into the night of our Independence Day celebrations. And shooting off fireworks is illegal here.

Glad you are feeling better, whatever it was you had. Funny, the first thing I think of whenever I feel a twinge of sore throat, cough or sniffles is COVID. Paul went for his booster today and where I could walk in and get mine a week ago, we now have to make an appointment. We are having 2-300 new cases every day again. So weary.

You and Coco both sport your hair cuts so well.