Saturday 9 August 2008

Journey through time




These pages gave me another good excuse to go through the box of old photos and step back in time to my teenage years. I seem to have chosen times that were transitional in my life. Child becoming teenager, schoolgirl becoming working girl, and then the complete family Mum. The first picture was taken at a wedding (which explains the hat!) in 1971, mini smock dresses were in fashion for the first time round! The second picture was taken on holiday just before I left school in 1976. The maxi dress is vintage Laura Ashley, if only I'd kept it! The last picture was taken just before my son's christening when he was a few months old and my daughter was 4. For some reason, I seem to look older in this photo than I do now. Or am I viewing through rose tinted glasses? I struggled to remember things going on in the news during these years, so am ashamed to say I had to find a website of news items to check that part out.
It's made me smile and been such fun trying to imagine myself back at these times in my life, remembering things that happened, people I knew and things I did that have made me who I am today. There are times when that 1971 girl comes to the surface even now!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Blimey - what a little stunner you were - and yes you do look better now - and now I feel really behind and have to catch up and I'm sure I have a pic of me in a hat pink like yours somewhere when I was a bridesmaid in the 70's. Fab layouts xxx

Kathy said...

I like the no worries on the lo and love the hat outfit!